Independent: "Tory Government Tells EU That Royal Navy Will Be Sent In To Protect UK Waters From European Fishing Vessels"

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
A few French trawlers sent to the bottom will show them we mean business.
Shades od 'who sank surcouf' the French submarine that mysteriously dosappeared in the Pacific in 1942, not perfidious Albion this time.

Really don't need a ship, just use Predator with solid warheads for a kinetic kill.

We owe the French nothing , they were burning our lamb and blockading ports throughout our membership , so what they are going to be like once we leave is anyone's guess , and unless a hard line is taken , they will hold us to ransom by refusing to remove blockades and picket lines at ports .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We owe the French nothing , they were burning our lamb and blockading ports throughout our membership , so what they are going to be like once we leave is anyone's guess , and unless a hard line is taken , they will hold us to ransom by refusing to remove blockades and picket lines at ports .
May be time to ramp up the services between England and Belgium and Holland while reducing services cross Chanel to France.

Last edited:
But not impossible. In my younger days, many moons ago, a takeaway meal consisted of fish n chips, chicken n chips if one was particularly flush. Now you can get virtually any cuisine going, Indian, Italian, Thai, Nepalese etc. The taste buds of the British people are quite capable of change, although I doubt we will get to the Chinese habit of eating everything of the animal, fish or bird.

My bold or as I enjoyed during my time in Glasgow the lovely "pudding supper"!!

1590153194694.png

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
All very well, yet most of what Brit boats catch is exported, while most of what we eat is imported.

Leave the EU means UK shoots self in fishy foot in both directions: buying and selling.

Deep joy.
the EU boats catch all the mackerel, herring, cod and haddock most UK boats are inshore.

we can supply most of our own needs by changing what we catch and sell domestically.

we can also catch our own tuna in our own waters instead of leaving it all to the french.

the EU needs our fish, they are moaning about their fleets being scrapped but there are tens of thousands of restaurants feeding millions of tourists UK fish.

it is a waiting game, we are better having tariffs on a our fish into europe than giving them a free hand, they want their boats to have access under their CFP not a UK FP - it's all about control and they want all of it. so we land all catches in the UK monitor those catches, tax those catches, sell them from here and ship them into the EU bypassing the CFP.

UK fishing stands to get a 2000% boost we should not waste the opportunity to placate a bunch of marxist inspired power crazed nutters.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
But not impossible. In my younger days, many moons ago, a takeaway meal consisted of fish n chips, chicken n chips if one was particularly flush. Now you can get virtually any cuisine going, Indian, Italian, Thai, Nepalese etc. The taste buds of the British people are quite capable of change, although I doubt we will get to the Chinese habit of eating everything of the animal, fish or bird.
but it was mostly chips though - right. with a pile of batter sans content also known as scraps/batter bits.

and a tin of Bru.

the EU boats catch all the mackerel, herring, cod and haddock most UK boats are inshore.

we can supply most of our own needs by changing what we catch and sell domestically.

we can also catch our own tuna in our own waters instead of leaving it all to the french.

the EU needs our fish, they are moaning about their fleets being scrapped but there are tens of thousands of restaurants feeding millions of tourists UK fish.

it is a waiting game, we are better having tariffs on a our fish into europe than giving them a free hand, they want their boats to have access under their CFP not a UK FP - it's all about control and they want all of it. so we land all catches in the UK monitor those catches, tax those catches, sell them from here and ship them into the EU bypassing the CFP.

UK fishing stands to get a 2000% boost we should not waste the opportunity to placate a bunch of marxist inspired power crazed nutters.
You get an "Excellent" for an informed and reasoned response to a deliberately provocative post.

Thank you: you're a rare breed on such threads lately, and possibly an endangered species on Arrse as a whole.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
You get an "Excellent" for an informed and reasoned response to a deliberately provocative post.

Thank you: you're a rare breed on such threads lately, and possibly an endangered species on Arrse as a whole.
errr well thank you for that most kind. I'm not a crayoner,and I don't think I ever have been.

I have got a bit fed up with the 'UK fishing is only worth 500m a year why not let the EU have it all' debate pushed by many remainers for the past 5 years on many platforms - sturgeon makes me squirm with frustration. They never seem to mention the 10.5bn that EU nations get out of those same UK fishing waters though. Nor the fact that some boats throw the equivalent of 3 catches away for every one landed.

by the time it gets to the dinner plate that figure trebles.

it was why the Greens used to be anti CFP and CAP for their sheer environmental terrorism before they sold out for the money and the AGW myth..

IF we let the fishing grounds recover, then monitor and rotate the catch zones like norway does we can make it sustainable and profitable, neighouring Eu waters also stand to benefit from the nursery overflow.

treated properly coastal waters can be refreshed, just like coral reefs a mile of fishing reserve in the right areas will repopulate a mile either side.

I'm not advocating a return to the grimsby factory fleets and we need to ensure super trawlers are kept out of our waters for at least a decade but they will be sailing up and down the boundaries killing anything that tries to escape. Big money speculation has no place in fishing IMO we need to keep a decent number of small to medium sized boats taking portions of shoals every few weeks - not a single super trawler hoovering up the whole shoal for fish or fertiliser.

I'd even advocate building a national fleet of mid sized same spec trawlers, painted grey and with a 105mm deck gun/twin .50 cal. as a way of getting our youth back to sea again.

I'd rather see managed scollop beds and divers than the destruction a bed trawl leaves behind. same with mussels. if we want them we should put some work in to get them.

My bold or as I enjoyed during my time in Glasgow the lovely "pudding supper"!!

View attachment 475592
You bastard!! I escaped from Scotland nearly forty years ago and had only just managed to erase memories of that monstrosity, and its anaemic sister the white pudding supper, from my mind. I shall be having nightmares now. Where do I send my compensayshun claim?

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
errr well thank you for that most kind. I'm not a crayoner,and I don't think I ever have been.

I have got a bit fed up with the 'UK fishing is only worth 500m a year why not let the EU have it all' debate pushed by many remainers for the past 5 years on many platforms - sturgeon makes me squirm with frustration. They never seem to mention the 10.5bn that EU nations get out of those same UK fishing waters though. Nor the fact that some boats throw the equivalent of 3 catches away for every one landed.

it was why the Greens used to be anti CFP and CAP for their sheer environmental terrorism before they sold out for the money and the AGW myth..

IF we let the fishing grounds recover, then monitor and rotate the catch zones like norway does we can make it sustainable and profitable, neighouring Eu waters also stand to benefit from the nursery overflow.

treated properly coastal waters can be refreshed, just like coral reefs a mile of fishing reserve in the right areas will repopulate a mile either side.

I'm not advocating a return to the grimsby factory fleets and we need to ensure super trawlers are kept out of our waters for at least a decade but they will be sailing up and down the boundaries killing anything that tries to escape. Big money speculation has no place in fishing IMO we need to keep a decent number of small to medium sized boats taking portions of shoals every few weeks - not a single super trawler hoovering up the whole shoal for fish or fertiliser.

I'd even advocate building a national fleet of mid sized same spec trawlers, painted grey and with a 105mm deck gun/twin .50 cal. as a way of getting our youth back to sea again.

I'd rather see managed scollop beds and divers than the destruction a bed trawl leaves behind. same with mussels. if we want them we should put some work in to get them.

This old girl knew how to chase thieving fishy furkers

Attachments

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer

How do we elect you?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
How do we elect you?
I don't think I'm supposed to do elections. power corrupts and all that, besides that means paperwork.

disciples are more the thing I reckon seeing as I was a miracle birth. although the last lot took it a bit to far with the catholic thing.

...I'd even advocate building a national fleet of mid sized same spec trawlers, painted grey and with a 105mm deck gun/twin .50 cal. as a way of getting our youth back to sea again...
ZSU23 quad. Unzips an IFV like a tin of sardines. Should go through a Spanish trawler like a plum pudding through a short granny.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Drown it.
surely the standard say a prayer and slit its throat still applies - shows dedication with anchovies though.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I don't think I'm supposed to do elections. power corrupts and all that, besides that means paperwork.

disciples are more the thing I reckon seeing as I was a miracle birth. although the last lot took it a bit to far with the catholic thing.
“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Latest Threads