Independent mentor/coach supporting ex-soldiers, becoming an ARRSEr

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by wordfuse, Aug 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening Folks :)

A new bod here, non-miltary, but am connected through the support work I've been doing over the last few years involving ex-soldiers. This has included volunteering for a squaddie drop in in Birmingham funded by the Legion and Combat Stress (website here), as well as over 12 years experience of mentoring and supporting others through tough to better times.

Hoping you guys might appreciate some genuine help time given through the ARRSE from someone who has supported guys who have served in NI, Gulf, Falklands, Bosnia, Iraq and Afghan - covering personal battles from breakdown and mental health issues through to PTSD and getting guys into proper paid work. There are a lot of positives beyond these challenges.

Onwards, learning, laughing and living!

PS - thanks to posters about experiences of certain military charities, am finding quite a few have labels on their tins that don't quite spell out what they are in reality - useful insight and knowledge.
  2. It's Friday, it's five o'clock...
  3. This will save me renting a DVD!!
  4. I've a tin of 25 Westlers jumbo hot dogs.
  5. Im assuming they are for eating?
  6. Ahhhh the service provision industry...

I am just going to get comfy and break out the tabs, please continue.
  7. Well shame not to, gather round and I'm not keen on popcorn.
  8. INCOMING !!!!!!