Incredible shrinking army.

options for change was such a good idea with hindsight. But the fact is we are struggling to get new people to join just to keep the current levels. It is a shame that more young people do not see the army as a viable career. I think the costs of even going back to the pre options for change toop/equipment levels would be a vote loser for any future government when the NHS and Education will attract more votes.

The main reason they have to keep cutting the army is so that they can say we are fully manned and there is no problem with retention. Always a case of telling superior officers/civil servants what they want to hear rather than the truth.

Options for Change may have been brought about by the so called Peace Dividend, but you can't keep doing that after you've invaded two contries.

There is no Peace or any Dividend.

Am I getting smarter, or is the world getting dumber. Its not great when you can't tell.

Lets face it. Blairs mission is to destroy the UK. He reduces the forces and yet increases the commitment by getting us involved in US wars for no reason. He sells us out at every opportunity he can. Why? In my opinion he just wants a green card to live in the US, and does not give a damn about the UK. The sooner he is gone the better.

this isn't a thread to bemoan the legality or otherwise of the Iraq war more rather the slimming down of all branches of the armed forces which appear to cause the percived overstretch.

isongard said:
this isn't a thread to bemoan the legality or otherwise of the Iraq war more rather the slimming down of all branches of the armed forces which appear to cause the percived overstretch.
I never said it was. I stated that Blair is reducing the forces yet increasing its commitment. I also stated it was Blairs doing. That is I believe, in the subject of the thread. Anything extra was just why I thought he was doing it.

Latest Threads