Incredible shrinking army.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EX_STAB, May 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. it will get smaller...just a question of time...under labour!!!
  2. TA battlions are getting larger though! opened two new platoons in the newcastle-sunderland area
  3. msr

msr LE

4. options for change was such a good idea with hindsight. But the fact is we are struggling to get new people to join just to keep the current levels. It is a shame that more young people do not see the army as a viable career. I think the costs of even going back to the pre options for change toop/equipment levels would be a vote loser for any future government when the NHS and Education will attract more votes.
  5. 'Two new platoons' ! Two !

I hope the porridge gobbler doesn't find out, or there will be cuts demanded.
  6. The main reason they have to keep cutting the army is so that they can say we are fully manned and there is no problem with retention. Always a case of telling superior officers/civil servants what they want to hear rather than the truth.
  7. the rot set in here

ever since then its just became worse with ever more calls for buget savings to give more to the NHS and education yet we still are asked to do more although we do it fantastically, its a case oh if you can do it just as good with less there must be more savings to be found
  8. Options for Change may have been brought about by the so called Peace Dividend, but you can't keep doing that after you've invaded two contries.

There is no Peace or any Dividend.

Am I getting smarter, or is the world getting dumber. Its not great when you can't tell.
  9. Me thinks that Broon must wear an 'I heart VE' badge in defence budget meetings.

C....NUT [​IMG]
  10. GB "hmm yes you can have the army increase in size by oh 200,000 would that help? .... only kidding :slow:
  11. Still say its all part of Their MasterPlan for HM Forces.
    Lets call it Cut and Run.
  12. Lets face it. Blairs mission is to destroy the UK. He reduces the forces and yet increases the commitment by getting us involved in US wars for no reason. He sells us out at every opportunity he can. Why? In my opinion he just wants a green card to live in the US, and does not give a damn about the UK. The sooner he is gone the better.
  13. this isn't a thread to bemoan the legality or otherwise of the Iraq war more rather the slimming down of all branches of the armed forces which appear to cause the percived overstretch.
  14. I never said it was. I stated that Blair is reducing the forces yet increasing its commitment. I also stated it was Blairs doing. That is I believe, in the subject of the thread. Anything extra was just why I thought he was doing it.