Increased Racism on the Site

You only have the right to use "reasonable force" in defence of yourself or your home.

Good luck figuring that out when confronted with a villain - the law assumes that a normal person can make rational judgements whilst in full emotional overload during an incident.

In the remote chance that a householder does own a firearm, use of that firearm would almost certainly be considered "unreasonable force" and thus result in prosecution of the householder. The idea seems to be that you have to match the perceived level of aggression or potential violence of the intruder to be "reasonable".

Otherwise rising crime in UK is dealt with either by ignoring it, pretending the perpetrators are themselves victims, or by decriminalising the crime. UK subjects are expected to put up with, say, 114,000 vehicles thefts and 422,000 burglaries per year , rather than allow them more vigorous means of protecting their property.
The amount of force I use defending myself and property will be in direct proportion to the threat - reasonable or otherwise. If I feel my life is in danger than it's only fair to equate any forcible response to that posed by the threat. As I am no longer permitted to keep firearms (the good stuff anyway) my only recourse is to start taking ears.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried out by 6.

They've passed my 'beer test', ie. would I have a beer with these guys? They need wider circulation, otherwise vast tracts of the US will end up like Soweto.

It wasn't, probably because there wasn't a realistic prospect of a conviction, 'cos you'd struggle to get a jury that wouldn't have given the old boy a round of applause.
And more probably the reason why there was no jury was because the old geezer didn't actually break the law.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
They've passed my 'beer test', ie. would I have a beer with these guys? They need wider circulation, otherwise vast tracts of the US will end up like Soweto.
Soweto is a very large place and it's only the shack areas that the western media likes to show.

Soweto is a very large place and it's only the shack areas that the western media likes to show.
Mind you, there's parts of Detroit that look like Soweto anyway.

morsk

LE
I think some people do.
Otherwise nobody would have heard of a composer who died over 200 years ago and has outsold Elvis on record sales.
Sorry, I meant no one that isn't old enough to remember the composers first gig, or think they are dead already. I have 3 names already "My Good God Marjory, theirs someone here on the interweb saying no ones classical music. I'll show HIM". Hahaha. Old people. They're precious.

Sorry, I meant no one that isn't old enough to remember the composers first gig, or think they are dead already. I have 3 names already "My Good God Marjory, theirs someone here on the interweb saying no ones classical music. I'll show HIM". Hahaha. Old people. They're precious.
I think the thread is back 'On Topic' now.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Mind you, there's parts of Detroit that look like Soweto anyway.
I've not been there but have seen photos of it's descent.
I'll take your word for it that some of the houses are as laani as those in Soweto.

Dredd

LE
You bar-steward - I never noticed that before but now I can never un-see it!

Well played, mon ami.

I thought it was a Diane Abbott hood ornament. Gonna go to hell for that one.
I wonder if begging for forgiveness helps?

On your knees bitches!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought it was a Diane Abbott hood ornament. Gonna go to hell for that one.
I wonder if begging for forgiveness helps?

On your knees bitches!
Sad. And what is worse is the Indians putting their little bit in while pretending not to be able to understand English for their own description.

TamH70

MIA
Not in Jockland if you have a means of escape.
I'm alright then. I'm fourteen floors up and there are only one means of egress and exit in my flat.

They never show the prawns running around either

Latest Threads