Increased Racism on the Site

Which is a selection of a few encounters. Do you honestly believe this to be representative of all LE stateside?
You imply the video is "selective, as if they are extremely rare events that have been cherry picked over the years out of all context. However, it's only now that we have got so many video cameras so readily to hand that we are seeing this stuff. If we had been told about these things years ago without the video evidence we would have dismissed them out of hand and assumed the person making the claims was an anti-police bigot or had a suspect agenda.

Few of the incidents filmed could to anyone's mind have been justified no matter what the "context", I couldn't care less about the dog or the racoon (although shooting an overgrown rodent does seem a bit of a stretch) but shooting unarmed, non-threatening civilians at point blank range is murder, plain and simple, and guess what? Police officers aren't supposed to murder people, no matter how selectively they do so.

If the cops weren't engaged in brutality nobody would be able to film them being brutal, would they? So blame the brutal cops, not the people posting videos of them being brutes.

Dredd

LE
Black Americans are overwhelmingly more likely to kill white Americans than the reverse, and their lack of intelligence and sense means that they are also far more likely to commit all sorts of other violent crimes.

They have created a narrative where they shouldn't be held accountable for their actions and should be able to do what they like. Unfortunately large amounts of western society seem hell bent on letting them act how they want. They're currently setting fire to a large American city and doing their usual favourites of rape, murder, looting and robbery. Yet the media would have you believe that they are the victims. They are not. They are overwhelmingly the perpetrators.

If that gets up the nose of certain people then so be it. It's as clear as day. It might not be palatable or fashionable, but it's blindingly obvious that they work on a different level. "Racism" is their go to excuse. And to those that spring to their defence, they'd hack you to death for the fun of it.
Where is your evidence that there are murders and rapes being committed because of this? As far as I can see, it is confined to looting and public disorder.

This kind of narrative does nothing but perpetuate the cycle.

Chef

LE

Wouldn't it have been easier for her to call on all who don't identify as white?

Redefining who counts as black for this event rather implies that without support, and lots of it, the event may not have the hoped for financial effect.

As a percentage of the boycotters staying home may be shoplifters it could mean a profit on the day for the shop owners.

morsk

LE
No, but I do believe it’s more than being reported or acknowledge.
america doesn't need less guns. It needs more. It should be mandatory that anyone of big school age gets one, that way, they can kill each other by the bus load, and we don't have to listen to another one of them gobbing off about being 'the most powerful nation in the world' or whatevs.

*xenophobic not racist before and american gets all teary

america doesn't need less* guns. It needs more. It should be mandatory that anyone of big school age gets one, that way, they can kill each other by the bus load, and we don't have to listen to another one of them gobbing off about being 'the most powerful nation in the world' or whatevs.

*xenophobic not racist before and american gets all teary

*fewer

Dredd

LE
Wife’s dead, never had kids.

Some of those certainly appear to be excessive, but as others have a context to them we are also not seeing that, just the end game. For the old wifey lying on the deck getting tazed, she was pulled for a minor traffic offence that just needed a citation and ended up with a resisting arrest charge.

America is a violent society and it revels in that. Otherwise, why do we have John Wicks movies? A large proportion of their television and film output involves masses of blatting off. Seems fairly standard for them really. So is it any wonder when that mentality is being demonstrated in real life?

I like how they're dragging in Asians , no ones shooting Asians according to their conspiracy theory and Asians aren't in gangs using each other for target practice either.

Only some eh?

kneeling on a handcuffed mans neck for 9 minutes, is that acceptable to you?
I only know the details to some of them. You however, clearly don't know the details of any of them, or you wouldn't have posted such a poor video for the point you were trying to make.

Keeping anyone face down while cuffed for 9 minutes isn't acceptable to me, especially if they are overweight and black. But the problems with Positional Asphyxia still appears to be poorly understood amongst a lot of US cops.

Do you want else isn't acceptable to me? Cops being guilty until proven innocent. None of us know yet what happened before the video started that made those cops think it wasn't safe to sit or stand him up. I would wait until we know that bit before getting all judgemental.

endure

GCM

That would be down to the lack of criminal activity and violent attacks on police being committed by the Second Amendment protesters.

What was reported on the first day was CS smoke was fired by police AFTER they had rocks and bottles thrown at them. As far as I can remember the first incidents of vandalism and looting happened before the CS as well.
Exactly, the so called "2a" protestors failed to loot the nearest Target, Walmart and every other shop and restaurant in the city and they also neglected to burn down an housing estate at the same time.

"Routinely"?

Do you have stats to back up that assertion? Or are you just tarring the entire police force community with the same brush as being race-exterminators?

Remember, when you give any statistics it needs to cover ALL suspects or convicted criminals who have been apprehended by the police and have died in custody SPECIFICALLY due to mis-treatment.
I should have written those police and those protestors to make it clear that one group’s crime/stereotyping does not justify the other.

Well to be honest you are a self righteous **** this morning. I understand you don’t like firearms, but you also don’t seem to get the difference between non violent assembly and what is going on in Minneapolis.
The brothers can't afford them fancy assault rifles?

Some of those certainly appear to be excessive, but as others have a context to them we are also not seeing that, just the end game. For the old wifey lying on the deck getting tazed, she was pulled for a minor traffic offence that just needed a citation and ended up with a resisting arrest charge.

America is a violent society and it revels in that. Otherwise, why do we have John Wicks movies? A large proportion of their television and film output involves masses of blatting off. Seems fairly standard for them really. So is it any wonder when that mentality is being demonstrated in real life?

John who?

1590759755208.png

Is American TV a reflection of their society or a model for it?
I look at their moist popular shows like the NCIS franchise and marvel at the bodycount, it seems for more common for the suspects to be simply shot than arrested as if the whole judicial process is irrelevant. Others are a bit disturbing if you just think a bit - the Hawaii Five-Oh interview room is clearly modelled on a torture chamber for example. Obviously none of these are accurate depictions of "law enforcement" but I do worry that they somehow reflect modern America's view of how things should be.
The place has always been more violent than Britain but it seems to me that their media has grown more violent over the years. It'd be interesting to compare the violence in modern Hawaii 50 with the original and while I've not seen the new Magnum PI I have my doubts whether it will be as occasionally sombre and introspective as the Tom Selleck version.

Do you want else isn't acceptable to me? Cops being guilty until proven innocent. None of us know yet what happened before the video started that made those cops think it wasn't safe to sit or stand him up. I would wait until we know that bit before getting all judgemental.
Ah yes, the old, "we don't know what led up to this" defense.

In this case suggesting that something awful preceded the incident to force the smirking cop (who along with his colleague has past form for violence) that he needed to lean on another human being's neck as he begged for mercy before the pinioned man voided his bladder in the street, fell unconscious and died. Something so awful that when concerned citizens pleaded with the cop to ease the pressure on the victim's neck the cop reached for his taser/mace spray to whack them too.

Except we do know, there is also video evidence of what led up to the lynching (for be assured that is what it was) and the cop is lying (quelle surprise), the man did not resist arrest, the Rodney King defence doesn't work here, Floyd comes out of the car unthreateningly and resists no one, certainly not to the extent that he needed to be killed.

But then when state officials kill there is always someone willing to defend them and immediately say, "oh but you don't understand the context". Now we have cameras everywhere, and we can finally see the "context" and we are beginning to realise the grim truth, it turns out the bystanders and witnesses who accused the police/soldiers of murder may have been telling the truth all the time, and those fine upstanding men in uniform have probably been lying.

Ah yes, the old, "we don't know what led up to this" defense.

In this case suggesting that something awful preceded the incident to force the smirking cop (who along with his colleague has past form for violence) that he needed to lean on another human being's neck as he begged for mercy before the pinioned man voided his bladder in the street, fell unconscious and died. Something so awful that when concerned citizens pleaded with the cop to ease the pressure on the victim's neck the cop reached for his taser/mace spray to whack them too.

Except we do know, there is also video evidence of what led up to the lynching (for be assured that is what it was) and the cop is lying (quelle surprise), the man did not resist arrest, the Rodney King defence doesn't work here, Floyd comes out of the car unthreateningly and resists no one, certainly not to the extent that he needed to be killed.

But then when state officials kill there is always someone willing to defend them and immediately say, "oh but you don't understand the context". Now we have cameras everywhere, and we can finally see the "context" and we are beginning to realise the grim truth, it turns out the bystanders and witnesses who accused the police/soldiers of murder may have been telling the truth all the time, and those fine upstanding men in uniform have probably been lying.
You have a link to this video that shows him being compliant? Because that sounds very different to what the prosecutors (who have seen all of the body worn camera footage) are saying.

I only know the details to some of them. You however, clearly don't know the details of any of them, or you wouldn't have posted such a poor video for the point you were trying to make.

Keeping anyone face down while cuffed for 9 minutes isn't acceptable to me, especially if they are overweight and black. But the problems with Positional Asphyxia still appears to be poorly understood amongst a lot of US cops.

The bloke was handcuffed, lying on the ground with one officers knee applying pressure to his neck, one holding the cuffed arms. What could he possibly do?

“Cops being guilty until proven innocent”, I thought everyone was innocent untill proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt?

You have a link to this video that shows him being compliant? Because that sounds very different to what the prosecutors (who have seen all of the body worn camera footage) are saying.
Then why were they sacked?

Latest Threads