Increased Racism on the Site

Some, no doubt would use the term knowingly, come what may; but I suspect that there are many who are unaware of just how detested the word Chinky is among English-speaking Chinese.

It's on a par with the N-word, the fact that the man in the takeaway doesn't protest in the same way is that he is not empowered to do so.
Which in a way, the use of it makes it somehow worse.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Who said that he had broken the law? He continually breaks the rules of the forum which is why he continually gets sanctioned.

There's a difference between having stupid, unpleasant or harmful opinions. It's another thing to have access to this forum as a reliable platform to spread those opinions over many years.

If a poster was talking about how they found children sexually attractive and how we should all agree with them, then hopefully you can see how that speech would not be welcome amongst us?
I've been on this site since 2005 and posting since 2006. Occasionally Combat 18 and Stormfront types have ventured onto Arrse in search of kindred spirits and expecting to preach to the choir. I cannot remember a single instance where they have not learned the error of their ways in nanoseconds.

Arrse is not a Nazi-friendly environment and never has been. If you doubt this, PM Higgs_bosun and ask him what happens if one is tempted to indulge in a spot of holocaust denial.

RGJ is no more annoying, wrong or dangerous than his opposite numbers who insist that all's well in multi-culti Britain and that it is racist to question how far our country is deeply enriched by the presence of murderous religious fanatics.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I think I pinged a new RGJ sock by his third post.
He was furious...
Seriously, no-one cares.

You and he are the resident Arrse monomaniacs. You can both start a fight in an empty house, you're both impervious to reason and we all know what you're going to post before you post it. That's no reason for banning either of you so long as you stay within the rules.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I am not racist I just got a bit annoyed about not getting the complimentary prawn crackers.

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Some, no doubt would use the term knowingly, come what may; but I suspect that there are many who are unaware of just how detested the word Chinky is among English-speaking Chinese.

It's on a par with the N-word, the fact that the man in the takeaway doesn't protest in the same way is that he is not empowered to do so.
They probably feel a bit ambivalent about this one then:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I recall it's use dropped dramatically among students in Dundee in late 80s after an infamous incident where a chef in a takeaway had had enough and leapt the counter top and pursued a couple of guys down the street with his cleaver for overuse of the word.

How is that different from natural victimhood?
You could say ts subjective to a point. On the other hand where local government ,or legislation is seen to favour migrants / minorities over the native population , then natural victimhood translates to racism toward the newly arrived.

But as you say - many dont realise - for most its simply a shorthand and until some one says - I dont like it they will continue to do so.

Myself I see Paki no different to Argie, Brit Scot, Jap, Turk, Auzie, Kiwi - they are just shortening a longer name fore ease.

Obviously because (thanks to a knuckle dragging minority) Paki has negative connotations and we know it offends - I dont use it.

I do think its mistake though, rather than surrendering language (or indeed the flag) to the bigoted minority we should all continue to use it - It loses its power to be used to attack if its just a word

You could say ts subjective to a point. On the other hand where local government ,or legislation is seen to favour migrants / minorities over the native population , then natural victimhood translates to racism toward the newly arrived.

My bold exactly, if our establishment, especially the legal establishment treated all equally irrespective of race, colour or creed , it would help stop any negative feelings but when certain ethnicities/groups are seen to have exceptions made because of "upsetting/offending" them, then it is natural that those, normally the majority ethnicity in this country, WILL get upset and react. The current increasing crisis will push this to breaking point and I feel there will be "as I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see 'the River Tiber foaming with much blood'." to quote a much maligned person!!

Seriously, no-one cares.

You and he are the resident Arrse monomaniacs. You can both start a fight in an empty house, you're both impervious to reason and we all know what you're going to post before you post it. That's no reason for banning either of you so long as you stay within the rules.
You care enough to comment...

I'm not really sure how challenging his bigotry somehow means I'm impervious to reason. Does challenging bigotry bother you?

You don't like me criticising him? You know what to do.

How is that different from natural victimhood?
can it not be both or indeed both stem from the same policy.
Under Blair any criticism of immigration policy was met with accusations of racism.

In Ethnic minority communities these creates an idea that the majority of white England dont like them
In White communities it creates an impression they are being silenced and marginalised.

In both cases it can create a victim culture.

Myself I see Paki no different to Argie, Brit Scot, Jap, Turk, Auzie, Kiwi - they are just shortening a longer name fore ease.
In Belgium they still refer to the corner shops/night shops as the Pak shops.

I thought I misheard the first few times I heard friends use it.

Even if they weren't just about to decimate the planet I'd still not give a tuppeny ****

endure

GCM
In Belgium they still refer to the corner shops/night shops as the Pak shops.

I thought I misheard the first few times I heard friends use it.

Just down the road from me... ;-)

0_pakJPG.jpg

Firstly define how and when we judge what is hate, then define how we define what is legal and illegal hate. let us be clear that we are talking of words not actions.

And let us also be honest, you are fine with Islam some are not... Did we ban hate preachers for preaching hateful words or for calling for and inciting violent acts.

But lets not go off thread, if you are so horrified that some person does not like stuff, and rightly or wrongly runs it down. Ignore or challenge there is even a 'Ignore poster feature'

I hate many things and I dont mean just dislike, some things have differing colours, and make the same sounds... For example; Idris Elba, whining chip on shoulder, gets a load of attention and dosh for playing lets pretend, I hate Lily Allen for the same, am I hateful or racist?
When a poster's sole output is intended to share a hatred of an entire group and promote a narrative that an entire group of people are a physical threat to our society and where that person is neither interested in or capable of debating in good faith, then it can be reasonably understood that the interlocutor is only interested in promoting hatred and division.

Just because something is not illegal does not mean that we have to tolerate it. The fact that RGJ regularly gets sanctioned just goes to show that his conduct here is not welcome. My issue is that his continued contributions here take the forum out of the realms of the mainstream and into the part of the internet where cranks can move around relatively safely without being challenged.

The correct response to deeply distasteful content is not to ignore it and the person who published it because you (we) might as well condone it for all the use that'll do.

Intolerance towards harmful behaviour is a virtue.

Xenophobia and disease have long been bedfellows (in a manner of speaking).
Syphilis was at various times referred to as;

By Germany; The French disease

By Britain; The French disease

By Scotland; The French sickness, the Spanish sickness

By Norway; The Scots disease

By Poland; The German disease

By Russia; The Polish disease
By Newport: The Merthyr Disease.

Latest Threads