Increased Racism on the Site

I thought you were asking for more of it?

Last edited:
I've just had a look at that report as it rang a bell and it was indeed myself who actioned it.

While I do not want to cite individual members in this thread, this one is a good example as RGJ had linked to an article in The Independent and quoted thus:

I don't believe anything stated there constitutes "racism" in the purer sense of the word, but given his posting history it's what most people perceive whenever he senses an opportunity to throw his favourite Religion of Peace onto the fire.

Therein lies the rub. He's a serial culprit and has accumulated points from most of us in the past, including some lengthy bans, in which he activates his array of sock puppets to continue using the Site as his preaching platform.

Sometimes the best thing to do in these cases is wait for the right opportunity and simply delete their rants and deny them the opportunity of attention.

It's actually quite satisfying when someone has put a lot of thought into their bigoted message, spent many an hour frothing in their heads, ignoring their wives and kids to put together what is in their own mind a Shakespearean epistle, then soon after posting, within one click it's binned.
I think the cumulative effect of his output on the forum over the years should negate any sense of enjoyment in binning his more extreme posts. I'm not one who defends any religion or who confuses race with religion. It shouldn't be right that this platform is used by fixated bigots to focus their entire output on radicalising others & encourage hatred against an entire community, all day every day, for years.

YouTube "til death do us part".

In the show he played an unrepentant 50s little Englander, who hates immigrants. In real life, he was from the other end of the spectrum.
And he always ends up looking a fool - which is the point.

Deserter

On ROPS
On ROPs
I think the cumulative effect of his output on the forum over the years should negate any sense of enjoyment in binning his more extreme posts. I'm not one who defends any religion or who confuses race with religion. It shouldn't be right that this platform is used by fixated bigots to focus their entire output on radicalising others & encourage hatred against an entire community, all day every day, for years.

look at what you have written, do you really think people are trying to brain wash YOU or do you think their opinion is different to you....have you ever heard of freedom of speech or does that just apply to people who little old you agree with...are you so weak that one day you might start agreeing with them? is that what really worries you, fear weakness? The real problem of Liberalism is that you believe that you are always right and the Law is Your Tool..

As Orwell said freedom of speech is my right to say or to tell you what you don't want to hear.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Hypocritical moderator? Shock!
I also overstep the mark on occasion and I'm always prepared to put my hands up and get back in my box if need be.

The whole reason for this thread was to raise the issue so people think a little more carefully before they post. People don't have to post Hitler-esque ideals and fantasise about wiping out an entire race.

And on the flip side, moon howlers like your fixated bigots are unlikely to radicalise anybody when they have zero credibility on sites such as ARRSE, and are laughed down accordingly.

I also overstep the mark on occasion and I'm always prepared to put my hands up and get back in my box if need be.

The whole reason for this thread was to raise the issue so people think a little more carefully before they post. People don't have to post Hitler-esque ideals and fantasise about wiping out an entire race.

And on the flip side, moon howlers like your fixated bigots are unlikely to radicalise anybody when they have zero credibility on sites such as ARRSE, and are laughed down accordingly.
How do you know the fixated bigots have universal zero credibility? You have little ability to know how many people have read his output over the years and what the cumulative effect has been. No other forum I use would ever tolerate the sort of anti-Muslim narratives that have been tolerated for many years. Nobody is being laughed down & nobody is laughing.

Would we tolerate a forum user leading a daily effort to demonize the entire Jewish population? Or demonize squaddies?

You shouldn't decry the issue of racism on this site, as a moderator, if you don't recognise the effect of tolerating other intolerances.

Deserter

On ROPS
On ROPs
How do you know the fixated bigots have universal zero credibility? You have little ability to know how many people have read his output over the years and what the cumulative effect has been. No other forum I use would ever tolerate the sort of anti-Muslim narratives that have been tolerated for many years. Nobody is being laughed down & nobody is laughing.

Would we tolerate a forum user leading a daily effort to demonize the entire Jewish population? Or demonize squaddies?

You shouldn't decry the issue of racism on this site, as a moderator, if you don't recognise the effect of tolerating other intolerances.
I think your avatar is the most racist thing i have seen for a while ...That's Blackface isn't it....more hypocrisy.

I can't believe it's been ten pages and no one has mentioned the French! Or is that just the natural order of things and not racist at all?

Smiert Frantzuzem!

joey88

Old-Salt
As an aside.

Anyone up for debunking any of Enoch's Birmingham speech?

Seeing as we live in a country that was willing to ignore underage girls being sexually abused in the interests of multi-culti utopia.

We also have British traditions going back hundreds of years, with no racial connection at all, being attacked in the interests of multi-culti utopia.

Is it any wonder I'm not moved by the gnashing of teeth, tearing of clothing, and frantic wailing of 'wacist, wacist, you're all wacist beasts'.

I also think Stormzy is a c*nt but I liked seal and the lighthouse family.
I have to disagree about the Lighthouse family, all their music sounds the same, I do enjoy listening to Seal though.

I can't believe it's been ten pages and no one has mentioned the French! Or is that just the natural order of things and not racist at all?
"Firstly you must always implicitly obey orders, without attempting to form any opinion of your own regarding their propriety. Secondly, you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king; and thirdly you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil" - Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT

I've PMd you personally as I'm not trying to debate what constitues racism / bigotry etc

I just want people to think about what they're posting before they hit "send".

And I said I didn't want to cite individual members as we'll be here all day.

I have never decried the issue of racism either. Personally I'd have permanently banned that member in question some time ago, along with any other member who threatens our very liberal forum where we can be a little more relaxed with our narrative without fear of offending (i.e. You fat cnut), but to civvies and try-hards this translates to "let's see how racist we can get away with".

If we get members who raise issues which resonate with the general site membership, but do so in a bigoted, even racist way - we can remove the racism, give warnings in line with site policy, but shutting them down cometely and banning them risks rallying people to their cause. Ironically your recommended course of action is likely to have the opposite effect.

See Rochdale grooming gangs for an extreme example of this effect.

Thanks... not heard that before.

He was quite the speaker, eh?

And by Christ he saw what was coming for British politics.

I disagree with his position but can't help but admire the clarity of his analysis of the matter.
Cyberpunk 2020 - a 1988 game predicted...

"It is now accepted among historical scholars that in the decades before the Collapse, America suffered from the sicknesses of racism and "cultural identity." Everyone wanted to be seen as special. Every group had to be "equal" to or preferably better than its neighbors, and fought to protect its "special" rights. If anyone had something that someone else wanted, they were painted as racist, sexist, elitist, or worse. This divisive "me first" attitude eventually tore the fabric of American culture apart and caused it to self-destruct in a fireball of competing ideologies, none of which truly recognized each other's validity. Diversity led inexorably to anarchy. "

Werewolf's post was a genuine disgrace, and the first post I've ever reported.

If what he posted were his genuine views, he needs psychiatric help.

Latest Threads