Increased compensation for injured personnel (AFCS)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hackle, Dec 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MOD released this announcement at midnight. Not unexpected. Letters going out today Mon 15 Dec to the 140 most seriously injured.

[edited by me to try to return the thread to its proper name and not "National Service for Failed Asylum Seekers"!]
  2. "Justice for wounded heroes: Payouts to finally double for our badly hurt soldiers" - MailOnline - LINK

"Heroes' compo rise revealed" - The Sun - LINK
  3. The maximum compensation for armed forces personnel injured in service has been doubled by defence ministers from £285,000 to £570,000.

The increase is retrospective, which means around £10m will be paid out to 2,700 troops who have been awarded lump-sum payments.

For the most seriously injured this is in addition to a lifetime tax-free index-linked monthly payment.

Link here.

T C
  4. Fantastic, Its about time too.
  5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Great news but....

We really are gearing up for an election now, aren't we? More votes bought.....
  6. I agree,

But if in the process of them trying to curry favour, our boys get better treatment.....Happy Days!!
  7. A British Armed Forces Federation spokesman warmly welcomed this news on today's BBC Radio Wales "Good Morning Wales" programme.

[BAFF website]
  8. Excellent news. It doesnt matter why the government did it, the wounded need the money.
  9. From the BBC Webpage

Inclined to say, about time too.

10. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Obviously it has had to be dragged out of the Government which is shameful but I guess we should take good news where we can.
  11. What he said.
  12. Why has this got an Asylum title on the forums list of threads?

PTP You haven't got it wrong with the thread merges have you? :D
  13. LOL

I've edited the first post in the hope of getting the thread title back on track.
  14. and as if by magic . . . . . . . .

15. Can anyone else smell an election?