Increase in War Pension on appeal

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by washedup, Jan 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a little word of caution for anyone who has appealed their War Pension percentage and received an increase. What isn't explained that when working out any back payments due from the initial award date any benefits that you have received will be taken into account and deducted from your award. This is not explained at the tribunal and it is only when you get your less than expected back payment that it becomes obvious. Next move is to apply for Allowance for Lower Standard of Occupation, if there is anyone who has been through this proccess any information would be gratefully received.
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Sorry mate but it looks like a case of A-B=C to me and fairly obvious. congrats on getting your increase by the way hopefully my appeal will go the same way.
  3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

You want two bites of the cherry? How on earth did you think you would get a double payment for the period from your initial award to the date of your new award.
  5. No, not wanting two bites of the cherry. Just letting people who are in a vunerable physical and mental state otherwise they wouldn't be at appeal that the case isn,t always explained. It was the Legion rep who brought up the supposed back payment something that hadn't entered my mind. I just thought that people should know that they may get conflicting information that could confuse them.