Incorrect Reserve Bounty?

Hi all,

Recent reserve rejoiner here, did about 7 years of regular service, left for just shy of a year and rejoined a local reserve unit after.

I've just received my first annual tax free bounty on my payslip, and I'm on the lowest level: as far as I know, and everybody I've asked, and according to JSP 754, I should be on the highest (your previous regular service stops counting towards if you leave it 3 years before rejoining).

I've raised this with my PSAO but the pay date is next monday I'm worried it won't get sorted in time / it'll just end up as "it is what it is" and I'll miss out. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what actions I can take? Does anyone know if there been past cases where the pay has made up?

Hate to be a whinge, but I'm a dirty student nowadays and the money is a big help!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Hi all,

Recent reserve rejoiner here, did about 7 years of regular service, left for just shy of a year and rejoined a local reserve unit after.

I've just received my first annual tax free bounty on my payslip, and I'm on the lowest level: as far as I know, and everybody I've asked, and according to JSP 754, I should be on the highest (your previous regular service stops counting towards if you leave it 3 years before rejoining).

I've raised this with my PSAO but the pay date is next monday I'm worried it won't get sorted in time / it'll just end up as "it is what it is" and I'll miss out. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what actions I can take? Does anyone know if there been past cases where the pay has made up?

Hate to be a whinge, but I'm a dirty student nowadays and the money is a big help!

Incredibly common and normal problem.

You‘ll just have to do a bit of admin office wrestling and you’ll eventually get the rest as back pay in about 6 months.

Happens to pretty much every ex regular who rejoins the reserves, including me.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ah awesome - yeah that's put my mind at ease, I just wasn't sure if it'd be lost forever. Cheers!
While you’re at it, double check your competencies on JPA have transferred over, as well as separated service days and what not.

My limited (14 years) experience of reserve service has proven that the HR / admin isn’t of the highest quality.

Rooper

War Hero
It's simple enough to sort out and if your PSAO/HR Amin get their finger out it should be paid at the end of May.

It's a simple process to correct the short payment. The PSAO will need to create a JPA E031b stating the exact amount you need to be paid to put it right and email it through to DBS/JPAC for it to be paid.

Be careful when this training year's bounty is paid too as the actions described above will pay you the money you are owed but they won't put right the original error. This will need to be done when they input your next bounty (again, a very simple process).

While you’re at it, double check your competencies on JPA have transferred over, as well as separated service days and what not.

My limited (14 years) experience of reserve service has proven that the HR / admin isn’t of the highest quality.
So in at least one respect it truly is "One Army"

Latest Threads