Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will be fair and be applied to all religeons

• a case of "Da Commissar"

• An aid to the freedom of speech

• Total voters
Given some of the stronger threads on ARRSE eg the current 'Token Gesture' and the strong views within...how exactly do we stand should Blunketts (Incitement to..etc ) Bill be enacted?

How do you view this bill............ is it a general gagging order for the benefit of one religeon only?

Legitimate and defensible and designed to prevent religeous hatred toward any and ALL religeons?

Yet another attack on individual freedom of speech?

Yet another attack on individual freedom of speech?
Yup thats the one.

There are two sides and I know which I’m on...

http://www.humanism.org.uk/site/cms/contentViewArticle.asp?article=1404

To allow this law to pass would make it a crime to do so many things other than to use religious undermining of individuals and their beliefs, it would find it's way to allow censorship of the things we read and that our children are taught.

This is a heavy hand that will sweep across our country and be misused to control those that are otherwise at the present time not causing offence.

Be careful what you say, all words can be turned to the new KGB state of affairs and interpreted to be hateful and an incitement.

skeletor said:
britain is a free country...as long as you conform to what Tony wants
I think when a humanitarian organisation starts to show dissent you might be right……

If enacted............how is it likely to affect the lively debates we currently hold here on ARRSE?
In whatever way they decide. If the tone isn't in keeping then they could act upon it. Might be time to look at Non British based sites IMHO it frightens the sh*t out of me.....

But then what do I know......

blessed baby cakes said:
skeletor said:
I think when a humanitarian organisation starts to show dissent you might be right……

If enacted............how is it likely to affect the lively debates we currently hold here on ARRSE?
In whatever way they decide. If the tone isn't in keeping then they could act upon it. Might be time to look at Non British based sites IMHO it frightens the sh*t out of me.....

i'm just waiting when the government move to Calcutta to "save money"

canteen_cowboy said:
blessed baby cakes said:
skeletor said:

i'm just waiting when the government move to Calcutta to "save money"
Best start looking into Punjabi courses....... :roll:

Now I am the last person to be called racist, (and I priding myself on that fact and I will defend anyone's right to their religious and moral beliefs,) but how sad is it as I finished sending this, what I thought was funny, my guest just said 'I wonder how it will feel to be in the minority' and I maybe just realised, I already am in my area and office.

very very good

The Lord Flasheart said:
Id rather be in Munchen in 1933 with a big nose and called 'Jacob'.
Okey dokey, I'll just rustle up a time machine using a fairy liquid bottle and some sticky backed plastic....bugger Shep has scoffed the bottle

The Lord Flasheart said:
Dont worry. I have one in my Kubelwagon.
There's probably a law against that and if not Blunkett von dickkopf will enact one on der orders off riechsfurher "achtung spitfeuer over das channel" blair, verdammt tommies.

E

error_unknown

Well peeps,

Some givens:

All (well most) religions state they have the whole truth, therefore all other religions *must* be wrong, therefore it is your religious duty to point out this wrongness, therefore the jails are going to be very full.

The racism card is a primary coloured fish. I may say I dont like Muslims, the generality of the ignorant (nulabour for example) say I am racist. Doh! :roll:

This is so typical of the new genre of PC bills being promulgated by this farce of a government.

So far it has taken them, how many months to get Abu Hanza to jail? And that isn't because of his rants enciting religious hatred either!

If this is to be used, then it needs to be done so evenly and fairly. However, I forsee this being used in a PC way and as stated earlier, the jails may get full and the courst very busy indeed!

However, will they use it? Does it infringe the Human rights bill?

Another spin by New BLaibour to show they are on the job :roll:

If the bill is passed, I can see lots of persecuted white hetrosexual males being prosecuted...meanwhile Muslim cnunts like that hamza hook will continue to get away with it.

I need to go and lie down because I'm so angry. Or maybe Allah has cast a spell on me for my deep loathing of the extremist muslims.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

....and another thing, we know how burning of the Union Flag goes down, since you lot are in for Queen and Country, and the symbolic representation of that Country is the Union Flag, would it not then be a religious offence to burn it?
I'm pretty sure if it was the Cresent Moon all hell would break loose........ :(

What troubles me most about a bill like this is the way it will no doubt be used more for some religions than others. For example in the NW a couple of years ago there were a spate of attacks on RC churches by neo-nazis who smashed windows and daubed anti-catholic graffiti on the walls and damaged grave stones. I don't know if plod ever caught those responsible but I suspect that if they caught them after this bill comes into power that the vandals would just be done for criminal damage. I suspect that the same would be true of the CofE because they are the major christian denominations in the UK (and probably seen by the PC self-elect as opporessors or some such nonesense).

Then contrast that with the first person to stand up publicly and denounce the likes of Abu Hamza. Someone will complain and said individual will have the full weight of the court thrown at them for race crimes. I suppose Richard Littlejohn had better watch out :roll:

Personally speaking I despise racism in all of its forms, however what I am seeing is crime like rape and murder being made less and less serious in the eyes of the law (see last weeks sentencing guidelines) and thought crimes being prosecuted with more and more zeal while the kind of crimes you don't get on the doorstep of the Islingtonites are not being persued. It's blighting the lives of the people who need protecting the most. If you live on a council estate and your home and car get broken into and you get mugged on the street then forget any chance of the villains getting caught, but speak out when the local mosque preaches death to the west then you get the book thrown at you. It's just madness and people are being taken in by it, or in the case of the last general election just giving up any hope and not voting.

Latest Threads