Incidental Expenses

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Dewi_Sant, Oct 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently attached to a Corp recruiting team and as I'm sure you can imagine we are up and down the country attending various events. The problem is I'm told we can claim IE, but when I go to the pay office I'm told were not in entitled to it. :?

For example,
    We have just done a show in NI from the 14th - 21st of Oct.
    We stayed in military accommodation and received meals, or horror bags when hot meals were not available.

Any help in clearing up this matter would be great.

2. Dewi, Check your PMs.

3. Not another pay office that thinks it's its own money

4. There does seem to be a lot of those about.

5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

The majority, is it not... :roll:

6. My pay office staff have been great, it is problems up the line that have led to me "saving at the bank of JPA". As at 30 nov the total owed will be slightly more than 2k.

7. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Sue! 8O

8. I'm fairly sure they are talking out of their arrse. Either that or i'm claiming for stuff i shouldn't!!!! :?

9. He is entitled and I have sent Dewi chapter and verse in a PM to save filling up the forum. It is all laid down in JSP 752 Chapter 3.

10. Cheers Deejay075,

That's Great, but do i need to show receipts?
    The last thing I need is to get AGIA 69'ed in the Arsse for the sake of £35

Thank you for you're help so far in this matter.

11. You don't need receipts for IE.

IE has just been approved for Temp Staff in BATUS. Some people have received over £1800.

12. D_S,

I assume you claim on JPA?? - Keep a copy of the authority already sent to you by PM along with any paperwork to do with the various events - (anything you have: emails, memos or whatever) and a copy of the JPA claims - the only person who needs to see any of it is the person who authorises the claim if you are pinged for authorisation and/or the auditor should you be pinged for audit - if you have chapter and verse you should have no probs with either. If your duties are as per your description (and you weren't in field conditions) you ARE entitled.

PW

13. So what other expenses did you incur,? you were accomodated and fed. OK it probably wqsn't up to the standard you would have liked but aren't "Haversack rations" the norm when you're away from any camp for the mid day meal.

14. IE is paid when on temp duty to cover laundry, Newspapers and calls home - it is about the only "perk" left - get it while you can!!

PW

15. I didn't incur any other expenses as far as I can remember, and the on show I have used as an example we were all well looked after.
    I'm well aware Haversack are the norm and I have no problem with that. In fact it would hardly be practical for all the teams to just close down there stands and p*ss off to scoff. But thanks for pointing that out. I thought we were all being hard done by for a second then. :roll:

Thanks PW, its good to see there are still guys out there who don't like seeing the boys getting done over.