Incident involving Shawbury Squirrels

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Fred_Frog_1987, Jan 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There has been an incident involving two Squirrels from Shawbury, sadly it appears there has been one fatality:

BBC report
  2. CFS and 660 Sqn :(

No names yet

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I thought Tern Hill was Army now and no longer Crab?
    Either way RIP!
  4. Ternhill camp is/was Army but the actual airfield is still used for rotary flying training by all three services.

Sad news indeed.
  5. There but for the grace of god go I.
  6. Condolences to family and friends of deceased
    and get well soon for those injured
    Mr & Mrs D
  7. I come from just down the road from Shawbury so very sad news indeed. Condolences to the family and friends of the deceased and a swift recovery to all others involved.
  8. looks like lucky escape for second occupant of right hand cab. hope he makes it.

Attached Files:

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

All rhe sky in the world and they bump into each other. The recent Coroners report on the loss in the Gulf of 2 helos springs to mind in good weather. It looks clear here but the weather today has been pretty foul wind wise!

10. Lets not make idle speculation please. You know what the media are like. You'll be quoted as a 'military source'.
  11. Having had a cabby in a squirrel at shawbury myself my thoughts are with everone affected by this tragic loss.

RIP and best wishes for the injured.
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sauce perhaps!
  13. Agree there Flash. Terrible accident.

RIP, as always thoughts are with the family and friends at this sad moment. Good luck to the injured and hopes for a full speedy recovery.
  14. Know the name, all I can say is "fcuk". I'm numbed.