Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Awol, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Er ... I've just momentarily dipped into my Inbox , and now my notifications tab is showing I have X unread messages, ie all of them.

Anyone else had this?, I'm using Google Chrome.
  2. Me too, and messages I have sent aren't appearing
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The unread messages are likely to be sitting in your 'imported saved received' or 'imported saved sent' folder. If you go into those and mark all as read it should shift the notification.
  4. Thanks Sixty, but there doesn't seem to be the option to mark them?
  5. Sixty

Bugger. That's how I fixed it when it happened to me but it was ages ago and I've long since deleted those folders so can't replicate it.

I'm sure one of the COs will be along shortly :)
  6. Just tried it in Firefox. Same problem.
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Do you mean that the intended recipient isn't getting them? Or that they aren't going in to your sent box? If the latter then it's because you're not ticking the box to save a copy that is below the text area when you write a message. If the former, then can you give me a definite example? To whom, and when. Thanks.

As for the inbox AWOL - just so I'm sure - you're saying that although you've read all your messages, they are all showing as unread and therefore listed in the notifications pulldown up in the header?
  8. has the synopsis been removed when trolling through the last 50 ?? mine seems to be intermittent?
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Yes it has. This has been raised recently a few times and I do still intend to address it. It was removed a few weeks ago when Last 50 was returned to the format of the good-ol-days.
  10. I had the same problem. Went into my inbox and marked them all as read which cleared the notifications, however the icon next to each message is now the UNREAD icon. Little bit confused now!
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Can you send a screenshot of this please.

This what should happen when you mark all as read:

1. All messages go in to normal font (unread are bold) and the large, more brightly coloured open envelope icon, goes small, less coloured and closed (The open/closed envelope bit is for me a bit counter-intuitive, but heh, such is life).

2. The notifications tab next to your username in the header no longer tells you there are unread messages.

The trouble is that both work fine for me, which is why a screenshot would help. It will make sure that I am searching for the right problem.
  12. Good CO. Not sure how to do the screen shot thing but if I mark the messages as unread I get an icon of an open envelope and the notifications box shows the number of messages. If I mark them as read the notifications box no longer shows but the icon is of a slightly smaller closed envelope. In both cases the envelope is white. For an unread message I would expect the envelope to be closed and vice versa.

Yours in extreme puzzlement, Brewmeister
  13. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

If your inbox looks like shown below then it is correct, if slightly counter-intuitive!

14. Yep. exactly that. It only occurred after I went into messages to send a PM. I can select all the messages, but as there isn't an option (not that i can see anyway) to mark as read, it doesn't help.

Cheers for looking into it.
  15. Sixty

Have you tried the options sub-menu on the bottom right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.