Inbox notification

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by liz_the_nurse, May 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On the site index page it has been saying that I have one new message, but when I click on the link, I clearly have no message. I have deleted some messages incase it is a space availability problem but it obviously isnt that.

Help me please any site geeky types.

Ta muchly

2. Thanks for that. Now if you don't have anything constructive about my original request - fukk off to the naafi and slag me off there and take your small mindedness with you.

3. Have you tried logging out and back in again. Not much help, but you never know.

4. Yeah, still not cleared it

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Weird. Did you get an email telling you that a PM had arrived? (assuming that you use that option)

6. I dont use that option. Didn't know you could. Can you see the pattern here for my lack of IT skills?

7. Tipex out the '1 in inbox'. Et voila, it disappears.

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Just a bit mate :D

Baffled then. Possibly a message that was deleted by the sender just as you opened it is about all I can think of.

9. I had the same thing a while ago. It went all on its own. PM one of the CO's, they can manualy clear it if it bothers you.

10. Spooky - I've had the same problem for months -it vanished today. I think I even posted a question about it.

At least I now know where its gone... :D

11. the same has happened to me, i have 1 new email or so it says......

12. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

This is a known problem, for some reason the count gets out of sync. The only way to 'cure' it is for us to run a query on the database. I did this yesterday which isprobably why fozzy's cleared up. I suspect yours will too if you do a full refresh (press Ctrl-F5).

13. Tried that too and it hasn't worked either. Not to worry. At least it's a common thing and my lappy hasn't gone speshul on me. It isn't too much of a hassle, it can wait till next time the database query is run.

Thanks for your help

14. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I'm too good to you people ..... should be now sorted.

15. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

I’ve got a spurious in box too, I know it shouldn’t bug me but it does