Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by GRIZZLEY, Aug 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Totally in two minds about whether to join or not...

Done my RSW and was successful so really chuffed however; have a constant nagging doubt about the TA commitment required, whether or not i'll 'survive' the training, and whether or not the RSW is represent of what to expect from the TA.

:?: I mean... if I can't endure a painful injury from training and carry on... am I right for the army anyway??

2. Probably best that you give it a miss
  3. msr

msr LE

Stick with it or you will forever wonder.

4. Go for it, mate! I'm 39 and half way through TSC(A)! It's great!

MSR is right; if you don't do it now you will always wonder and regret not joining when your too old.
  5. Of your concerns, "commitment required" is the only one you need to be able to answer and you are the one who knows that. Do you want to go Jihadi bashing in Talibanistan? If not, the army is probably not for you.

You'll either complete your training or not, there's no point worrying about it.

Selection Weekend isn't really very representative of typical TA training, it's a "look at life" that's all.

Get that ligament sorted before continuing your training or it will not get better.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

In two minds, sounds like schizowhatsit to me!
  7. Go for it, dont go through life regretting what you wish you tried. Always good to know what you can and cant do. It will tear u up inside if you dont try.
  8. I think this is what you really need to consider.... anyone who doesn't want to go to Jihadistan to give Terry the good news shouldn't really be joining these days as the training is very much streamlining towards this.

If you're up for it though, don't let a little injury put you off. Let the injury get better and crack on. The RSC (or RSW if that's what they're calling it this week) like someone else said is a look at life & paper filling exercise, I would say when you've done some of the basic training that's when you should know what army life is like & whether it's for you.
  9. well as long as you dont become a walt or even worse a James Shortt.

Give it a go fella
  10. Cheers for all your comments...
    81cufc particularly; I think I'll start some of the basic training and see what I feel like then.