In the Papers today

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViolentBadger, Sep 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 17th Sept.
    3 items that caught my eye and made me gnash my teeth:

£250,000 a week paid out in child allowance to migrants in the UK even though their kids aren't here.

An Education Exam Chief thinks that kids should mark their own exam papers.

Health and Safety have banned knitting in a Hospital as it's too dangerous.

2. Can we not save the £250,000 a week but re uniting these people with their kids back in their home land?

Could we not re educate the tree hugging education chief by a trip to unemployable?

What kind of country is this becoming?

should we not ban Political Correctness?

3. Its not a question any longer of what sort of country is this becoming, its more one of what sort of country has Britain become and can this kind of lunacy ever be reversed?

4. Tis but a drop in the ocean compared to what they all recieve in tax credits.

5. Topic: In the Papers Today

A load of over hyped shite like every other day! :evil: Was this in the scum by any chance?

6. No it wasn't, but don't let that stop your rant.
    If I said it was in <insert your trusted paper here> would you then say it was ok?

7. Trusted paper? No sorry, far too cynical about the media and journos to have one of them.

8. Then why ask if it was in the scum?

9. Look back through several hundred (almost) daily threads that come up on this site about some recent crap they've spouted. Anyways we deviate off thread (runs from MODs)

10. I don't know how true what was in the Papers is , only that I read it and gnashed my teeth :)

11. It was actually a reply to a question in the house....

12. It was in the Express, the only paper to still think that Princess Di's death was a conspiracy and they like to remind their readership of it every fcukin' day!

I think their 10 year old story will soon dry up though and be replaced with the "McCann shock horror conspiracy" headlines for the next 10 feckin' years!

The Express just love to dig up little stories that middle England actually secretly love to hear, if it's not "gypos camping out in the local benifits office" stories, then it's "immigrants stealing benifits from gypos" stories.

I used to read it, but when half of the scum and mails journos jumped onto the Express, I binned it.

I now read Viz, at least some of the stories are believable...

Rant over, out to you.

13. What, they are stealing from the gippos now? What is this Country coming to.

14. From todays People (A member of the usually Labour supporting mirror group)
    16 September 2007

SANGATTE 2
    EXCLUSIVE Asylum hordes heading for "soft" Britain set up.. New terror as ambush gangs target our cars and caravans
    By Paul Mcmullan
    Scores of violent asylum seekers have turned a sleepy French port used by thousands of British families into a new Sangatte.

Picturesque Cherbourg in Normandy has been overrun by thugs after the infamous Red Cross refugee camp 250 miles away in Calais was shut down.

Police chiefs and the ferry firms claim they are powerless to cope with hordes of aggressive young men from Iraq, Iran, Syria and Afghanistan who...

Break into camper vans armed with knives to force their way on board ferries.

Sneak into the backs of British caravans and car boots.

Co-ORDINATE raids on lorries by mobile phone.

Throw rocks and pull knives on anyone near their tented city.

One brave British camper armed with an air pistol managed to repel a gang by shooting one in the head.

Cherbourg police chief Brigadier Anne-Sophie Renan admitted to The People: "The Iraqi asylum seekers are extremely aggressive.

"We are receiving report after report of assaults on tourists. An English couple were asleep inside their camper van waiting for the ferry and a group of Iraqis broke in.

"The man had a gun for protection inside the camper and shot one of the Iraqis in the head.

"But we cannot just go and round them all up even though in a mob they are very dangerous."

Under French law, people are allowed to carry air guns and pistols which fire low-calibre shotgun cartridges for protection.

Many of the asylum seekers claim to be escaping the carnage in Iraq and Afghanistan but their taste for violence would make them handy recruits for the Taliban.

One camper van was wrecked in a hail of rocks simply because it parked too long outside "their territory" where they live with ample supplies from French charities.

The driver was hit on the head and showered with glass as a lump of granite hit the rear window.

Thierry Lesavage of Brittany Ferries said: "Already the damage to the parking area is very expensive. Some nights we get 50 pulling up the fences, crawling through.

"We catch many in the boat, hiding mainly in lorries but also the boots of cars and caravans. We deposit them in a wood but they're back within hours." Thierry added: "Many charities help these people."

The tented camps are less than 50 miles from beaches where British troops fought their way ashore on D-Day in the Second World War.

When our investigator asked one manwhy he needed to go to Britain when he was already on safe European soil he replied: "I have been turned down in France.

"The English are soft and stupid and give me a flat, money and new clothes and food."

Moments after the remark that disgraced the sacrifices of British troops, our man had to flee a fresh bombardment of rocks.

Last night Shadow Home secretary David Davis said: "The Government claimed it had come to an agreement with the French to prevent these camps being set up.

Now we see that was just spin."

http://www.people.co.uk/news/news/tm_method=full%26objectID=19797627%26siteID=93463-name_page.html