In severe need of help

Hi,
I really need help as I'm in a really bad situation. I've been at regiment for just over 5yrs. I signed off as I was getting nothing out of the army, after reality hit I have nothing to give civilian Street I decided it would be the best to sign back on. However my unit has declined me signing on but I haven't had the chance to request permission from my CO as my chain of command isn't passing it up that high. As I stated before I have served just over 5 years, I have never been placed on any courses or a cadre course. I have tried to put in for career failure however yet again they have just fucked that off to despite the fact I've been told from numerous sources I have a good claim. Can anybody help me with some advice please. I only have until November left in the army.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Give how under-recruited we are, I didn't realise it was possible to turn down someone wanting to sign back on.

Give how under-recruited we are, I didn't realise it was possible to turn down someone wanting to sign back on.
It is and I've had a hand in making sure cnuts can't sign back on.
You do have to be a bit of an Admin fucktard or other good reason to be refused though.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
In amongst the many many soldiers I worked with over the years who seven-clicked, they generally fell into two types; the good ones and the bad ones.

The good ones were those who gave 100% up until their last day, made an effort to get on their career courses and chip in, even though those courses would most likely be of no further use once they were out. These were the guys who we were sad to lose, but at the same time we supported in their onward journey and left with high recommendations to join the reserves etc.

The bad ones were poison. Spreading their negative vibes among their peers, telling everyone several times daily how shite it is, and how they're going to work as the CEO for their cousin's multi million pound company when they get out, surrounded by playboy girls and being sucked off daily in turn by one or more of them as they grow a Bluto beard and Bradley Wiggins sideys...

Don't take it personally, but given your lack of career courses and the fact that everyone in your chain of command appears unsupportive, I suspect you were more closer to candidate #2

If that's true, I suggest one of two options.

1. Take a very good hard and overly critical look at yourself. In particular your attitude, your mistakes. Go in with a passionate plea - "I know I've been a **** (I'll let you choose the descriptive) but I realise now...." then like a sales pitch, rattle off all of the stuff you're going to achieve over the next year, two years, five years... how useful you're going to be to them. If you're getting no ears, try the welfare route. You see ...you need someone to hear your plea. If someone in the chain has said "no" and you give up at the first hurdle, what good are you, ultimately? Get it in there, keep trying, be tenacious, don't give up. What have you got to lose?

2. You do the mandatory Reserves brief before you leave. Except of course if you're a handsome and brave WO1, then you've earned the right to feck it off. You can join the Reserves and in some cases rejoin the regular Army from there.

Overall remember. It's not personal. Bottom line is - are you a burden or a force multiplier? Become the second one and you may find doors starting to open for you.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
In amongst the many many soldiers I worked with over the years who seven-clicked, they generally fell into two types; the good ones and the bad ones.

The good ones were those who gave 100% up until their last day, made an effort to get on their career courses and chip in, even though those courses would most likely be of no further use once they were out. These were the guys who we were sad to lose, but at the same time we supported in their onward journey and left with high recommendations to join the reserves etc.

The bad ones were poison. Spreading their negative vibes among their peers, telling everyone several times daily how shite it is, and how they're going to work as the CEO for their cousin's multi million pound company when they get out, surrounded by playboy girls and being sucked off daily in turn by one or more of them as they grow a Bluto beard and Bradley Wiggins sideys...

Don't take it personally, but given your lack of career courses and the fact that everyone in your chain of command appears unsupportive, I suspect you were more closer to candidate #2

If that's true, I suggest one of two options.

1. Take a very good hard and overly critical look at yourself. In particular your attitude, your mistakes. Go in with a passionate plea - "I know I've been a **** (I'll let you choose the descriptive) but I realise now...." then like a sales pitch, rattle off all of the stuff you're going to achieve over the next year, two years, five years... how useful you're going to be to them. If you're getting no ears, try the welfare route. You see ...you need someone to hear your plea. If someone in the chain has said "no" and you give up at the first hurdle, what good are you, ultimately? Get it in there, keep trying, be tenacious, don't give up. What have you got to lose?

2. You do the mandatory Reserves brief before you leave. Except of course if you're a handsome and brave WO1, then you've earned the right to feck it off. You can join the Reserves and in some cases rejoin the regular Army from there.

Overall remember. It's not personal. Bottom line is - are you a burden or a force multiplier? Become the second one and you may find doors starting to open for you.
Don't give him good advice, his unit are probably waiting to crack open the champagne when he departs

Hi,
I have never been placed on any courses or a cadre course. I have tried to put in for career failure however yet again they have just fucked that off to despite the fact I've been told from numerous sources I have a good claim.
Firstly, have you pushed for / asked for courses? I always tell my lads, if you want a course, source it, find out the details and then tell me and I'll get you on it. I'm not going to look for courses for them if they cant be arsed to be proactive.

Secondly, numerous sources? Would that be Pte Joe Bloggs and his harem of barrack room lawyers in the smoking area?

As mentioned, take a good honest look at your service the last 5 years. Have you been a proactive, helpful, keen soldier, or an admin case?