In-service degree question

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Lookingelsewhere, Aug 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Apologies if this is going over old ground, however I was unable to find an answer to my question via the search engine.

    I would like to enquire as to whether the RAMC have ever or would ever offer currently servicing officers the opportunity to complete an in-service medical degree. I am a 27 year old non-grad Capt currently serving in a very specialised appointment elsewhere and I'm shortly coming to the end of a lengthy time bar. I enjoy serving but would like to seek a new challenge having completed 8 years in my current trade. I hopefully have the requisite academic background and have a long standing interest in medicine. I have no concerns over required commitment periods.

    Any information supplied would be sincerely appreciated.
  2. On my aquaint visit there was a gunner captain attending medical school. She was the frist to do this without having to resign her commission and then re-apply to the RAMC, so the process is currently being developed I think.

    I suggest you contct RAMC recruiting as they are extremely friendly and approachable, but do be aware that there are some basic requirements for getting into medical school which will you will still need to meet. If you do not have a couple of science A-levels at grade A then you may wish to look at other options.
  3. Forastero

    Forastero LE Moderator

    You ride a motorbile? I'd like to see that!