In Resettlement and come off the Board

I'm due out in May after serving 24 years, however there is a strong possibility that I can still come off the April SSgt's board.

Although so far its been hearsay, Ive been told that its possible to stay in longer to serve the time until wearing and then a further two years in rank.

If this is so, would the resettlement grants reset and you can re-access them again ?

Not sure about the GRT and grants already used, but you don't need 2 years in rank for the pension, any pay rise will be under AFPS15 and therefore subject to career average rather than final salary. It will be down to your desk officer as to whether you get offered an extension. Not even sure if you're competitive in your last year? Who has advised you they'll at you may get it?

I'm due out in May after serving 24 years, however there is a strong possibility that I can still come off the April SSgt's board.

Although so far its been hearsay, Ive been told that its possible to stay in longer to serve the time until wearing and then a further two years in rank.

If this is so, would the resettlement grants reset and you can re-access them again ?
I don't think you will be looked at if you are not eligible.

Not sure about the GRT and grants already used, but you don't need 2 years in rank for the pension, any pay rise will be under AFPS15 and therefore subject to career average rather than final salary. It will be down to your desk officer as to whether you get offered an extension. Not even sure if you're competitive in your last year? Who has advised you they'll at you may get it?
Sqn OC & 2 I/C mentioned it, said even if you are due to leave that you have to be judged on your merit.

I'm just weighing options, but more than likely ready for Civ Div, but if I join the reserves, I would like the 'recommendation/come off the board' to maybe gain the rank there.

Sqn OC & 2 I/C mentioned it, said even if you are due to leave that you have to be judged on your merit.
You might be better off asking the RCMO dept. While not impossible, it sounds highly unlikely, the Army would promote a few people getting out and then have to wait to see if they want to stay or not.

Unfortunately you cannot go forward to the board in Apr. You have to have at least 12 months Colour Service remaining after the start of the next promotion year. APC will not send your SJAR to the board. That's not to say they they haven't made mistakes in the past.

To serve past your 24 year point you have to move from Veng Full onto Veng Long which can grant you up to another 6 years. To move onto Veng Long you have to apply for the board. Depending on your trade and rank will determine whether you are successful or not. It is quite common for the board only to award 2 years of extension of Colour Service.

If you are successful you are eligible for promotion and if extended for 2 years or more you are entitled to all the resettlement again (not more ELC though).

True, your SJAR should be written regardless upon the fact that you are leaving. However, your unit does not have the authority to dictate who's SJARs go to the board, that's the job of your Desk Officer at APC.

Your RCMO should have had a chat with you some time ago about applying for Veng Long and your chances of being successful. IIRC applications are submitted when you have only 12 months remaining of colour service in order to go forward for that year's board. Once on Veng Long your Desk Officer can extend your service based upon the requirements of the Service and approval their boss.