• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

IN PICTURES: Royal Navy takes key role in international minehunting exercise

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's to do with the close range weapons definitions. Aimer fires gun, loader loads it. So the GPMG has an aimer/loader.

How hard can it be to hunt mines, they just sit there bobbing around in the sea. The biggest problem must be stopping the horse drowning.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Serious hat on. You tend to nominate the mount to engage not the aimer. So it would be "P6 warning shots 100 yards to the left of target ENGAGE". "Check check check" or my fav "Port Battery ENGAGE"

Of course this need to be shouted at the top of the Gunners voice because the expensive microphones and internal comms system is unable to amplify the noise. Gunnery, its all about the noise.

Serious hat on. You tend to nominate the mount to engage not the aimer. So it would be "P6 warning shots 100 yards to the left of target ENGAGE". "Check check check" or my fav "Port Battery ENGAGE"

Of course this need to be shouted at the top of the Gunners voice because the expensive microphones and internal comms system is unable to amplify the noise. Gunnery, its all about the noise.
Ah I see, so the Gunnery Officer is the sound effects bloke who shouts dagadagadagadaga! While the aimer loader aims and pretends to load the GPMG is a warry stylie?

Latest Threads