IN PICTURES: Fleet Air Arm wows visitors at RNAS Yeovilton Air Day

Ministry of Defence said:
Impressive displays by some of the world's best military and civilian pilots drew thousands of spectators at the weekend to the Royal Naval Air Station (RNAS) Yeovilton International Air Day.

More...

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Cor! the navy has a fighter controller school

how does that work with bugger all fighters for 20 years

C

cloudbuster

That's nice, although running the Antonov through the overhead in order to make it 'International' is pushing it a little.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
The Saudi Air Force sent a Hawk display team and a C130. The pilots were picked up and delivered to their hotel in Yeovil. In a move that proves that they have finally achieved the level of professionalism that puts them on a par with the RAF they immediately declared it unsuitable for them and move to Dorchester. Oh, wait. I mean the Dorchester. In London.

The Saudi Air Force sent a Hawk display team and a C130. The pilots were picked up and delivered to their hotel in Yeovil. In a move that proves that they have finally achieved the level of professionalism that puts them on a par with the RAF they immediately declared it unsuitable for them and move to Dorchester. Oh, wait. I mean the Dorchester. In London.
Really?

Yes! I was there on the friday, for the industry day (anyone else there for that?) and they'd been bussed off for a long trip. Nice hawks though!

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
My lot where there - the industry day was pants and I had to man the stand on the saturday as the price of attending the friday. Not even much tasty totty to ogle.

Check yours pms bb!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scutterbandit Aviation 51
M ARRSE: Site Issues 2
Jip Travolta ARRSE: Site Issues 1