'In Our Name' -brilliant new British film about female soldier returning from Iraq

‘In Our Name’ an independent British film is out this Friday at Curzon cinemas and is available to download on a new platform called Curzon on demand nationally. It’s a thought-provoking and totally gripping story about a female British soldier returning from Iraq- Joanne Froggatt from Downton Abbey is breath taking and won a BIFA ( Biritsh Independent Film Award) for the role.You can see the trailer here: YouTube - In Our Name: Official Trailer

Can you explain what's so 'breathtaking' and 'totally gripping' about it? Otherwise I don't think I'll bother clicking on the link.

I've not seen this but the write up in Empire says its about a British (that how you spell it) soldier who has trouble adjusting to civilian life after a difficult tour of Iraq.

They can ram this film up their ******* hoop for me. Why can't a film feature an ex soldier doing well for themselves after a tour?

Bunch of arrse.

‘In Our Name’ an independent British film is out this Friday at Curzon cinemas and is available to download on a new platform called Curzon on demand nationally. It’s a thought-provoking and totally gripping story about a female British soldier returning from Iraq- Joanne Froggatt from Downton Abbey is breath taking and won a BIFA ( Biritsh Independent Film Award) for the role.You can see the trailer here: YouTube - In Our Name: Official Trailer
At least you got one thing factually correct.

Joanne Froggatt is a gopping slag, as are all of the women in the British Army.

My eye kept wandering towards the girls beret, (what numpty technical advisor shapes these for actors?) so I lost the plot a bit on the trailer.

The trailer makes it look as though it might be a really annoying waste of time to watch; it promises a string of clichés and lame stereotypes, and, yes... a beret of a shape seen nowhere since the ******* Malayan campaign.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Only seen the trailer via the Combat Stress website.

In Our Name: Official Trailer - The Veterans' Mental Health Charity - Combat Stress

Apart from the usual stuff about not wearing laboriously hand tailored dipped in boiling water and worn for a week airborne approved lids and deliberately using a non current cap badge (so's not to upset anyone in 1 Bn Loamshires) the bit I saw looked heartfelt (and I had the impression it was post Herrick rather than Telic but may be wrong?) Will reserve judgement till I've seen the whole thing.

Folk at Combat Stress seem impressed - and they tell me that the lead actress spent a long time at Tyrwhitt House talking to their clinical people there to get as much detail as possible.

As for the pearly Mizz Froggatt - I wouldn't climb over her to get to the notorious O2 thief above - but then I've always had a terrible French Maid fetish:

watch & shoot

Lee Shaver

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
That you tube trailer sems to do it no favours
Admin clerk goes mental and fucks off with a kid and a pistol?
Not for me

Oh for God's sake will they ever learn..... first trailer shot beret like a landing pad (sigh).

And why the hell does she live outside a Barracks assuming she's ment to be a regular, living in the barracks means less plastic Jihadis spray painting your house usually.

Perhaps she could hook up with that other "extreme meltdown headcase", that ginger tw@t off Corrie who can't leave the house without having a flashback to "the 'Ghan", despite him only being on tour for 2 episodes.

At least you got one thing factually correct.

Joanne Froggatt is a gopping slag, as are all of the women in the British Army.
thanks i might have a chance with her then

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
That'll go nicely with your DPM fetish then. You hobbyist Andy Millman wannabee.
five A , ran out of interest in DPM or any sandy or Multicam variation on it a while back...... if I thought you had any idea which way was North I'd recommend that you walk that way till your carefully shaped beret floats.....

How's the knees?

Good thing this arrse malarkey. Having seen all the critics comments on here I shan't fail to make a deliberate point of not watching it.

Why do film companies spend millions on a production, yet fail to hire contemporary military advisors to give it authenticity. Like doing a football film about Man United with all the players wearing England rugby kit and kicking badminton shuttlecocks around.

And no doubt the "Officer" will be the sterotype "cold, posh chinless wonder" type and the "Regiment" based in a Grade 1 listed Georgian manor house ( with a palacial officers Mess, and the Officers are seen to be constantly swigging brandy whilst discussing the "Toms") - how about a "regiment" being based on the reality of asbestos ridden prefabs with no heating or running water - see military advisor above :)

I agree with the above posters, the trailer makes it look amateur and even if every luvy in the world thinks it's five start brilliant, it's still rubbish destined to wind up in the discount bin at Poundsavers within six months of release.

TA Pay clerk goes postal after seeing some photos of bodies that someone else took whilst outside the wire - yawn.

Now, I hope for accuracy that your advisors got the bit about the husband/ boyfriend sh@gging his way through most of Leiscesters slappers whilst "she" was away doing payroll spreadsheets and getting PTSD, hard to tell from the trailer exactly when he gives her the bad news that he is leaving her for Chardonnay from the estate.