In Other News... Czech's complain Cameron want's to stop their Free Money!

I'm actually pro European but this is rather annoying in my view to put it mildly.

The Czech Europe Minister has tweeted a picture of Czech RAF pilots from WW2 in response to David Cameron's proposals to limit benefits to European immigrants.

He say's that those Czechs were good enough to come and fight for the RAF, how dare we not give Czechs free money for the sacrifice that those from the past have made for us.

I'm sorry Mr Prouza. I thought the reason those brave men joined the RAF was in response to the brutal Nazi invasion of your country? I thought those Czech patriots were joining the free world in the fight for freedom from a vile dictatorship which had invaded most of Europe?

I didn't realise they were just doing us a favour!

Here's a link to the Sky News report:

http://news.sky.com/story/1382412/david-cameron-twitter-bombed-by-czech-minister

Seriously, many Czech men escaped the clutches of the Nazi's, joined the allied forces and demonstrating the utmost courage took the fight back to the Nazi's to free Europe including their homeland from the clutches of Hitler and his regime of terror.

To invoke their bravery and sacrifice as a signal to the United Kingdom that we are wrong to consider measures that may result in Europeans, many of whom in modern days have contributed nothing to the UK, being required to make a contribution before they are able to take out fairly generous benefits from our welfare system is a crass gesture and gives a completely erroneous message both about the past and the present day.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
An insult to all the Czech pilots and others who fled to fight for freedom in my opinion.
Perhaps we ought to send a picture back of one Europe under German rule as that's what they were fighting to avoid
Or would that be to close to home?

Or perhaps a bill for all those Spitfires and stuff we issued to those brave pilots.

Last edited:
An insult to all the Czech pilots and others who fled to fight for freedom in my opinion.
Perhaps we ought to send a picture back of one Europe under German rule as that's what they were fighting to avoid
Or would that be to close to home?

Or perhaps a bill for al those Spitfires and stuff we issued to those brave pilots.
One Europe under German rule, isn't that what the EU is all about?

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
One Europe under German rule, isn't that what the EU is all about?

They need a fancy slogan
One people,one land, one leader something like that
They could maybe come up with some fancy slogan informing the people that work is best or something like that.

I'm actually pro European but this is rather annoying in my view to put it mildly.

The Czech Europe Minister has tweeted a picture of Czech RAF pilots from WW2 in response to David Cameron's proposals to limit benefits to European immigrants.

He say's that those Czechs were good enough to come and fight for the RAF, how dare we not give Czechs free money for the sacrifice that those from the past have made for us.

I'm sorry Mr Prouza. I thought the reason those brave men joined the RAF was in response to the brutal Nazi invasion of your country? I thought those Czech patriots were joining the free world in the fight for freedom from a vile dictatorship which had invaded most of Europe?

I didn't realise they were just doing us a favour!

Here's a link to the Sky News report:

http://news.sky.com/story/1382412/david-cameron-twitter-bombed-by-czech-minister

Seriously, many Czech men escaped the clutches of the Nazi's, joined the allied forces and demonstrating the utmost courage took the fight back to the Nazi's to free Europe including their homeland from the clutches of Hitler and his regime of terror.

To invoke their bravery and sacrifice as a signal to the United Kingdom that we are wrong to consider measures that may result in Europeans, many of whom in modern days have contributed nothing to the UK, being required to make a contribution before they are able to take out fairly generous benefits from our welfare system is a crass gesture and gives a completely erroneous message both about the past and the present day.

Czech pilots eventually came to the UK because their land had been forfeited by Chamberlain. They produced the best Ace of the Battle of Britain. Czechs, Slovaks and Poles as well as others enabled our country to survive. We are probably only able to type the things that we write because of their sacrifice.

The Minister is being a Kurva, tak je normalne, However, Cameron is being worse. The benefits system was designed by the British and all European Law states is what you do for one, you do for all; change the benefits system for everyone - including your voters. Then see if you get back into power perhaps but hey, that is the answer - not cheap shots at European Union law and immigrants who give economic value to the UK and who help pay the pensions of so many retired Arrsers.

Kroměříž

Last edited:
Czech pilots eventually came to the UK because their land had been forfeited by Chamberlain.

No he didn't. The Sudetan Germans (bit of a hint there by the way) were treated as 'untermensch' by the ethnic Czechs and Slovaks. They were supposed to have been allowed autonomy under the original treaty (Versailles) which created the bastard child that was Czechoslovakia in the inter-war period. They asked for their own rights and autonomy, they were ignored. They begged hitler, hitler squared it away at the Munich Conference.

The benefits system was designed by the British and all European Law states is what you do for one, you do for all; change the benefits system for everyone - including your voters. Then see if you get back into power perhaps but hey, that is the answer - not cheap shots at European Union law and immigrants who give economic value to the UK and who help pay the pensions of some many retired Arrsers.

Until the countries within the EU mirror each other financially and economically the 'one for all' benefits system is insane. It will stifle financial growth in the more opulent countries, whilst stripping talent from the less opulent countries.

Czech pilots eventually came to the UK because their land had been forfeited by Chamberlain. They produced the best Ace of the Battle of Britain. Czechs, Slovaks and Poles as well as others enabled our country to survive. We are probably only able to type the things that we write because of their sacrifice.

The Minister is being a Kurva, tak je normalne, However, Cameron is being worse. The benefits system was designed by the British and all European Law states is what you do for one, you do for all; change the benefits system for everyone - including your voters. Then see if you get back into power perhaps but hey, that is the answer - not cheap shots at European Union law and immigrants who give economic value to the UK and who help pay the pensions of some many retired Arrsers.

Kroměříž

So it was Chamberlain, and by virtue of that point, Britain's fault then that the Czechs lost their country? The Nazi's weren't involved in the process at all? That's a new one on me!

The benefits system was never envisaged by anybody to have to pay out money to huge numbers of Europeans, quite a few of which don't even live in Britain.

If Europeans want like for like, why don't their own countries pay the same amounts of money. Why should taxpayers in Britain who have paid in all their working lives have to watch as their money is given to those who haven't paid a penny into the system.

Let's be honest. If the same situation existed in Poland, the Czech Republic and elsewhere and their citizens were giving free money to the British, they would all be up in arms.

Last edited:
No he didn't. The Sudetan Germans (bit of a hint there by the way) were treated as 'untermensch' by the ethnic Czechs and Slovaks. They were supposed to have been allowed autonomy under the original treaty (Versailles) which created the bastard child that was Czechoslovakia in the inter-war period. They asked for their own rights and autonomy, they were ignored. They begged hitler, hitler squared it away at the Munich Conference.

Until the countries within the EU mirror each other financially and economically the 'one for all' benefits system is insane. It will stifle financial growth in the more opulent countries, whilst stripping talent from the less opulent countries.

Not sure how the Slovaks would treat Sudetens as untermensch given the geography. I take it you are happy with what is happening in the Ukraine at the moment?

Jebus but the chip wrappers know how to play the public.

So it was Chamberlain, and by virtue of that point, Britain's fault then that the Czechs lost their country? The Nazi's weren't involved in the process at all? That's a new one on me!

The benefits system was never envisaged by anybody to have to pay out money to huge numbers of Europeans, quite a few of which don't even live in Britain.

If Europeans want like for like, why don't their own countries pay the same amounts of money. Why should taxpayers in Britain who have paid in all their working lives have to watch as their money is given to those who haven't paid a penny into the system.

Let's be honest. If the same situation existed in Poland, the Czeck Republic and elsewhere and their citizens were giving free money to the British, they would all be up in arms.
Treaty of Versailles is probably what is at fault. Certainly not the Czechs. However, of course the Nazis saw an opportunity and weak British leadership gave it away; hardly the fault of the Czechs.

Whether or not the benefits system was designed to take on board mass migration, the great British public love to wake up in la la land and lay into someone over their coffee, fag and red top newspaper.

I believe we were both Labour Town Councillors - shall we agree to disagree?

We are probably only able to type the things that we write because of their sacrifice.

Kroměříž

I disagree Hitler was never getting* to the UK even if the battle of Britain was lost and the RAF defeated. Which is in no way intended to denigrate anybody's efforts but BoB lost = Invasion is a bit of a myth.

It is probably accurate to say though that without the US the Iron Curtain would have been a lot further west.

* OK some units may have avoided being sunk by speeding destroyers** and landed. It would later make a great film "A River to far"***.

** The Sealion invasion Barges would have been sunk by ships passing at speed never mind hostile fire.

*** German Planners were treating the invasion of Britain as a large river crossing. Which should highlight an awful lot of flaws in planning.

Let's be honest. If the same situation existed in Poland, the Czeck Republic and elsewhere and their citizens were giving free money to the British, they would all be up in arms.
Furthermore, other Europeans have paid into the system. Their system. Should you not be able to work, you could claim. I have no idea what would happen but the sums involved are very small in the three countries I have lived in.

Answer me, who is at fault? The generous British welfare system or the other countries where they say get off your arrse and work?

I agree that the one for all benefits system is insane; however, the benefits system itself is insane, would you not agree?

I agree that the one for all benefits system is insane; however, the benefits system itself is insane, would you not agree?

As a general, rule, no. The benefits system/Welfare state, is there for a genuine and worthy reason following on from a semi official organisations that had been around, in one form or another, since the late 1800's.

Rules have 'allowed' it to be abused by many for various reasons, and it has now evolved into an all consuming monster - but no more than the Political, banking or many other industries - and to blame the 'benefit system' or even 'the scroungers' as the main cause of the Recession is a feckin cheap shot purely designed to give assorted feckwits the reason to hate, plus being a clever way of deflecting the blame from the real culprits.

Nicking a 'bedroom tax' from an old Granny or disabled person, imposing insulting pay rises to public servants/etc., while allowing massive corporations or individuals to pay reduced tax/go tax free, is the Tory way so no real surprise there.

I could go on.

The principle is not insane.

The current delivery system has been allowed too much liberal intervention.

No one out of work should 'earn' more than an average worker in work. To allow that to happen is a gross dereliction of responsibility to the people, be they in or out of work.

Furthermore, other Europeans have paid into the system. Their system. Should you not be able to work, you could claim. I have no idea what would happen but the sums involved are very small in the three countries I have lived in.

To that end should the Czech government be contributing to the British welfare pot?

The principle is not insane.

The current delivery system has been allowed too much liberal intervention.

No one out of work should 'earn' more than an average worker in work. To allow that to happen is a gross dereliction of responsibility to the people, be they in or out of work.
Forgive my choice of words. The system is broken and needs changing. However, which political party wishing to be elected is going to vote for Christmas a la turkies?

Last edited:
To that end should the Czech government be contributing to the British welfare pot?
No. The Eastern European countries think the British welfare system is a model to be emulated. They don't have the finances to do so mind, and think we are creating a rod for our own backs. Are they wrong?

As a general, rule, no. The benefits system/Welfare state, is there for a genuine and worthy reason following on from a semi official organisations that had been around, in one form or another, since the late 1800's.

Rules have 'allowed' it to be abused by many for various reasons, and it has now evolved into an all consuming monster - but no more than the Political, banking or many other industries - and to blame the 'benefit system' or even 'the scroungers' as the main cause of the Recession is a feckin cheap shot purely designed to give assorted feckwits the reason to hate, plus being a clever way of deflecting the blame from the real culprits.

Nicking a 'bedroom tax' from an old Granny or disabled person, imposing insulting pay rises to public servants/etc., while allowing massive corporations or individuals to pay reduced tax/go tax free, is the Tory way so no real surprise there.

I could go on.
I agree that the system needs to be in place; however, as I have stated, other MS (Member States) think it is model - at least Directors of Directorates involved in Employment, Social Security etc that I have met,

It is used a political football, however, it just seems to grow in proportion to become all consuming of public finance and when public finance is challenged as at the moment it undoubtedly is - our Public Debt is verging on being out of control - reference is made to certain categories of people who can access it; convenient they do not have the vote mind.