In my day- Racism Etc

Split from the BNP thread, so the reminisences can continue here without interrupting the main thread.

PTP

GwaiLo said:
CDT_Dodger said:
Heedthebaw said:
CDT_Dodger said:
Heedthebaw said:
CDT_Dodger said:
I dont know what army your were in or are in. From my experience each Platoon/Rifle Company I ever served in was like a National Front convention. Lots of drunken skinheads bobbing around to the sound of Screwdriver at the NAAFI disco. Tatoos relating to skinz, NF etc...you get the picture.

I take it the army does not recruit this breed anymore - very pc i must say.

The point being I bet their are a lot of hypocrites in this thread. I bet a few of you stomped around in your doctor martins in your younger day and now your giving it the moral balls - wind it in.
You my friend are talking utter balls. Come back when you are current.

You my friend - have no balls!

Do you think i am making it up?
I would LOVE to see the clip of any soldier who walked into any NAAFI I have seen over the past 5 years, dressed in the way you describe, espousing the type of rubbish the NF / BNP talk. The nearest Fijian would sort him right out.

But then, in my experience of the type of waste of oxygen you describe, they tended to hang around in small groups to give each other courage and validate their twisted world view.

You could argue that they are todays WO's. Thats a possibility, I'll admit. But they have grown out of it. Whatever views they hold, they hold them close and do not feel the need to tell the world. The day thought becomes a crime I will fight beside whoever feels the need to fight it.

Until then, CDT Dodger :roll: like I said, come back when you are current.
Headtheball - Im not talking 5 years ago, im talking the 80's. I did not agree either with their pathetic views nor did I get drawn into their click but it was visible for all to see. Yes, some of these individuals are probably respected snco's but i bet they never got their tattoos removed.

I dont know whether YOU served in an Inf Bn or a REMF Corps but I would say that each attracts their own type during recruitment. What experience have you had of serving in an Inf Bn - if any? My point here being that i wouldnt expect a group of NF skinheads to join the slop jocks or dental corp but an Inf Bn - yes.

I may not be current Mr HeadtheBall that is because I have served my time - probably whilst you were sucking mothers football studs.
Well I served in an infantry battalion in the 1970's and 1980's and never saw what you describe. I think you should name your regiment/battalion so we can see if others who served in it at the relevant time have your recollections? Have to say that mine had a fair proportion of black guys, who were well thought of and as much part of the team as anyone else, even in my time and behaviour like that would have got you a good kicking.
GwaiLo - my little ghost - are you a ginger?

If you had bothered to join in this thread from the beginning or bothered to read all the other pages then you would have this information to hand. The regt is mentioned and we also have ex regt members posting to this discussion as well.

Toddle off to another thread and offer them some late input.

Bert_Preast

Thanks. All I found there was

Im talking RGJ from 87 onwards and I wasnt part of their click.

My point being that there were certain racist elements in my Bn who openly flew their true colours. The skinhead culture from civvy street did carry over with some recruits and it was most definitely visible during Bn life. They would openly wear NF t-shirts and hang flags/emblems from accom walls. Im sure if they are still serving then they would openly support the BNP.
No mention of which battalion though. Well I had left the Regular RGJ (2nd and 3rd battalion) a few years earlier, but I find EX_REME's claims very hard to believe. Without knowing which battalion I don't know who to ask, I'll know seniors from that battalion at that time whicever battalion is was. Is the battalion mentioned anywhere. I don't doubt that there are, and were, racists, but the notion that it is/was widespread and tolerated is ridiculous. Inclined to think that EX_REME has invented or exagerated this.

Its bollocks then, although I have no doubt that in any major unit you'll find a few who are racist the idea that you could be openly so or that is was widespread in 2 RGJ is quite simply bollocks.

Dunno about that, sounds pretty much like 3 RGJ in the 80's at one point I Coy ( the entire I Coy ) put on white sheets a la KKK and burnt a cross on the parade square after a night on the lash....I know cos I was there

Well 3 RGJ in the mid to late 1970's had black WO's and a large number of black guys serving. I know because I was there.

Hard for me to comment on an incident you saw and I didn't. I believe that people do some stupid stuff when they have been on the lash...including jokes that are in poor taste.

On the square? Are you saying that the guard commander knew and did nothing? The BOS knew and did nothing? The OO knew and did nothing?

Now that I'd find hard to believe.

The black CSM in question was HQ coy, and the OO, GC all knew and it atken in the spirit it was meant to be taken in...a good laugh by pissed up rifleman, thank fcuk I got out before all the PC bollocks came

GwaiLo said:
Well 3 RGJ in the mid to late 1970's had black WO's and a large number of black guys serving. I know because I was there.

Hard for me to comment on an incident you saw and I didn't. I believe that people do some stupid stuff when they have been on the lash...including jokes that are in poor taste.

On the square? Are you saying that the guard commander knew and did nothing? The BOS knew and did nothing? The OO knew and did nothing?

Now that I'd find hard to believe.
Look Pal - these things did happen in RGJ. Take off your feckin blinkers mate, I bet there is a lot of things you didnt notice in your day by the looks of it. Get off your feckin horse and get amongst the troops. What was you - a rupert?

The bottom line is - during my day it was accepted in circle circles and NF types were in the recruitment office on a daily basis.

You only have to look at the type of recruit nowadays - nice warm quilts during basic etc.... and they even left poofs join up ffs - wouldnt happen in my day.

The black CSM in question was HQ coy, and the OO, GC all knew and it atken in the spirit it was meant to be taken in...a good laugh by pissed up rifleman
Different black CSM if you are thinking of when this event occured. When I was in the CSM of A Coy was an Asian.

Anyway, what you are talking about was a non PC prank rather than a KKK gathering. Meant as a joke and taken as a joke, by blokes who were pissed. That isn't what EX_REME was claiming.

GwaiLo said:
Bert_Preast

Thanks. All I found there was

Im talking RGJ from 87 onwards and I wasnt part of their click.

My point being that there were certain racist elements in my Bn who openly flew their true colours. The skinhead culture from civvy street did carry over with some recruits and it was most definitely visible during Bn life. They would openly wear NF t-shirts and hang flags/emblems from accom walls. Im sure if they are still serving then they would openly support the BNP.
No mention of which battalion though. Well I had left the Regular RGJ (2nd and 3rd battalion) a few years earlier, but I find EX_REME's claims very hard to believe. Without knowing which battalion I don't know who to ask, I'll know seniors from that battalion at that time whicever battalion is was. Is the battalion mentioned anywhere. I don't doubt that there are, and were, racists, but the notion that it is/was widespread and tolerated is ridiculous. Inclined to think that EX_REME has invented or exagerated this.
WTF are you on about?
Why are you bringing me into this ????

Look Pal - these things did happen in RGJ. Take off your feckin blinkers mate, I bet there is a lot of things you didnt notice in your day by the looks of it. Get off your feckin horse and get amongst the troops. What was you - a rupert?
Look doughbag, lots of things happen in infantry battalions where the humour is robust. It does not confirm that anything but a small minoroty of soliders would support the BNP. You do, but most would not. Rfn, LCpl, Cpl and Sgt, a bit more amongst the troops (RGJ wise) than being in a workshop.

The bottom line is - during my day it was accepted in circle circles and NF types were in the recruitment office on a daily basis.
What comes into a recruiting office and what ends up serving in a battalion isn't quite the same thing.

You only have to look at the type of recruit nowadays - nice warm quilts during basic etc.... and they even left poofs join up ffs - wouldnt happen in my day.
Ah, now I have to tell you that there were poofs in your day and mine. None too open about it, but if you were in the Sgt's mess in 2 RGJ then you will have known at least one who was very discreet (made WOII, he is dead now and I won't name names anyway) but everyone knew. But perhaps you were too busy in the NF circle to notice!

I have to agree with CDT-Dodger I was 3 RGJ 83 -89 and I remember swastika flags, etc hung quite openly in the barrack blocks ( I,B and R Coy for definite ) ignored or encouraged by the NCO's and taken down only on inspections, and there was a definite NF culture going on...

Black-Mafia said:
I have to agree with CDT-Dodger I was 3 RGJ 83 -89 and I remember swastika flags, etc hung quite openly in the barrack blocks ( I,B and R Coy for definite ) ignored or encouraged by the NCO's and taken down only on inspections, and there was a definite NF culture going on...
I'm sure the veterans would find that a right larf! :roll:

Well, you were there and I was not. After my time. If true I am shocked and frankly ashamed, not so much that a few nigs might do stuff like that but that the Senior NCO's either did not notice or turned a blind eye. I'll have a chat with some people on Sunday. Would not have happened in my day, not because of PC'ness but because a Rifleman is a Rifleman, whatever his race or rank.

GwaiLo said:
Look doughbag, lots of things happen in infantry battalions where the humour is robust. It does not confirm that anything but a small minoroty of soliders would support the BNP. You do, but most would not. Rfn, LCpl, Cpl and Sgt, a bit more amongst the troops (RGJ wise) than being in a workshop.

My ginger ghost of a friend - I have never once stated that I supported or support the BNP or NF - where did you get this from?

What comes into a recruiting office and what ends up serving in a battalion isn't quite the same thing.

Ah, now I have to tell you that there were poofs in your day and mine. None too open about it, but if you were in the Sgt's mess in 2 RGJ then you will have known at least one who was very discreet (made WOII, he is dead now and I won't name names anyway) but everyone knew. But perhaps you were too busy in the NF circle to notice!

Yer - I knew this guy too - his name was McDon****** and he was HQ CSM in Dover.

GwaiLo said:
Well, you were there and I was not. After my time. If true I am shocked and frankly ashamed, not so much that a few nigs might do stuff like that but that the Senior NCO's either did not notice or turned a blind eye. I'll have a chat with some people on Sunday. Would not have happened in my day, not because of PC'ness but because a Rifleman is a Rifleman, whatever his race or rank.
You're right of course and every black guy was a rifleman, and took it a as a joke, but if a civvy started on them different story entirely, the outlook was no matter what colour you were , you were rifleman., and the NF bit only applied to civvy coloured right or wrong thats how it was veiwed while I was there

Black-Mafia said:
GwaiLo said:
You're right of course and every black guy was a rifleman, and took it a as a joke, but if a civvy started on them different story entirely, the outlook was no matter what colour you were , you were rifleman., and the NF bit only applied to civvy coloured right or wrong thats how it was veiwed while I was there
And if that doesn't sum up the stupidity of racism, I don't know what does.

EX_REME said:
ottar said:
EX_REME said:
ottar said:
Perhaps you could show examples of these made up stories about the BNP as I've only seen factual ones, whereas the stories about Mosques and Islam do tend to have an air of bollocks about them.
Well this one.................Where is the proof?

I thought I would just ask this question one more time.
The Scotsman has a leaked e-mail from the BNP, the BNP have not questioned the veracity of the e-mail. If The Scotsman was making things up the BNP would be in a position to take legal action. It is, therefore, highly likely that the e-mail is genuine.

Perhaps you could explain why the BNP "understand better than most the patriotic sacrifice made by those serving and ex-service men and women."?
A fair proportion of its members would never pass a SC, so I doubt there are many that have any connection to the Armed Forces. Their plans for Norn Iron give away their cluelessness - or is that another one of their policies you are planning to change from the inside?
Right ottar, one more time just for you.

Do I anywhere ask if the email is lies or made up?
Does the email prove that "BNP Bids To Hijack Poppy Day"?
That is the discussion here, or have you forgotten that bit?
Read the bit where they say we understand better than most. That is where they are hijacking it for political point scoring. Who are these 'most'? Veterans? Civ pop, many of whom have relatives that serve/served? Or would it, by any chance, mean other politicians?

CDT_Dodger said:
You only have to look at the type of recruit nowadays - nice warm quilts during basic etc
Do you mean the type of recruit that joins knowing that they are likely to be sent somewhere hot and sandy - even if they are poofs?
Obviously the recruits that joined thinking the worst they were likely to endure was a couple of years chasing Frauleins and drinking pilsner were so much better because they didn't have quilts.

CDT_Dodger said:
would that be the type of recruit that is currently serving in Helmand?
The type of recruit that we all saw examples of on Mondays Panorama?

ottar said:
EX_REME said:
ottar said:
EX_REME said:
ottar said:
Perhaps you could show examples of these made up stories about the BNP as I've only seen factual ones, whereas the stories about Mosques and Islam do tend to have an air of bollocks about them.
Well this one.................Where is the proof?

I thought I would just ask this question one more time.
The Scotsman has a leaked e-mail from the BNP, the BNP have not questioned the veracity of the e-mail. If The Scotsman was making things up the BNP would be in a position to take legal action. It is, therefore, highly likely that the e-mail is genuine.

Perhaps you could explain why the BNP "understand better than most the patriotic sacrifice made by those serving and ex-service men and women."?
A fair proportion of its members would never pass a SC, so I doubt there are many that have any connection to the Armed Forces. Their plans for Norn Iron give away their cluelessness - or is that another one of their policies you are planning to change from the inside?
Right ottar, one more time just for you.

Do I anywhere ask if the email is lies or made up?
Does the email prove that "BNP Bids To Hijack Poppy Day"?
That is the discussion here, or have you forgotten that bit?
Read the bit where they say we understand better than most. That is where they are hijacking it for political point scoring. Who are these 'most'? Veterans? Civ pop, many of whom have relatives that serve/served? Or would it, by any chance, mean other politicians?

CDT_Dodger said:
You only have to look at the type of recruit nowadays - nice warm quilts during basic etc
Do you mean the type of recruit that joins knowing that they are likely to be sent somewhere hot and sandy - even if they are poofs?
Obviously the recruits that joined thinking the worst they were likely to endure was a couple of years chasing Frauleins and drinking pilsner were so much better because they didn't have quilts.
Sorry - forgot to add wet wipes, industrial size barrel of hair gel, earings etc.... You only have to check out that co*k off the xfactor giving it the feckin sandpit sob story. FFS he did has let the side down hasnt he now - well, your generation anyway - xfactor poofs - wouldnt happen in my day.