In Memory of Simon Foddering

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by runner_for_fodders, Sep 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All

Please could you help me raise money for the RNLI in memory of former Army pilot Simon Foddering (One of the pilots who tragically died in the Morecambe helicopter crash in December 06). I'm entering the Great North Run on the 5th October and aim to raise £700. Currently I have raised over £200 but I'm really struggling this year, so please could you consider donating a small amount in memory of Simon, I know times are hard but would appreciate any help.

To find out more about Simon and/or to sponsor me - please visit the following link.

www.justgiving.com/karlw

Thanks

Karl

2. Hi Karl,
    As an ex soldier and a fellow pilot I will be happy to contribute to this very worth while cause.
    Regards Kev

3. Karl,

I've just printed out the info and going to take it to work. Many of the blokes (myself included) Knew Simon, Top Lad. I will try and raise a few pennies.

Great stuff and good luck.

4. Thanks for the sponsorship Kev, I finished the run in under 2 hours and have raised over £620 towards the £700 target I promised the RNLI. I can still accept donations through the website for the next month or two, so hopefully I'll reach the target for Simon.

If anyone would like to donate to the RNLI in memory of Si please visit www.justgiving.com/karlw

Thanks

Karl

5. Karl,

Well done.
    I will add my contribution to your good cause.

Good memories of Fodders.

All the best
    Tre4

6. Same here Karl. I cant believe I didn't see this thread when you first posted it.

Shall we try to 'bump' the thread just in case anyone else missed it?

7. Yes please, that would be great.

Thanks
    :)

8. I've raised this with the corps mess, so fingers crossed!

9. Only about £50 short now, one last push and we'll have reached the £700 I set out to raise for Simon/RNLI.

Thanks for your support

Karl

10. Thanks very much for all your help with the donations it really is appreciated and the RNLI will welcome the money. I'm sure Si will be pleased that we have now broken the £700 target for the RNLI.

I'll carry on raising cash until the deadline, so if anyone would still like to donate it's not too late. I'll run again next year for Fodders and never forget what a top bloke he was and that your support proves that.

Thanks again

Karl

11. Thanks very much for all your help with the donations it really is appreciated and the RNLI will welcome the money. I'm sure Si will be pleased that we have now broken the £700 target for the RNLI. :D

I'll carry on raising cash until the deadline, so if anyone would still like to donate it's not too late. I'll run again next year for Fodders and never forget what a top bloke he was and that your support proves that.

Thanks again

Karl

12. All

Thanks again for all your kind donations last October. I've heard first hand off Simon's girlfriend, ex-wife, children (Kieran and Chloe) and the Mills family that they are touched by us raising money for the RNLI in Si's name.

Last year the total raised was £803.

I've recently been granted a place in this year's Great North Run, so again I'll be running for Simon and the RNLI on the 20th September.

I appreciate that times are difficult financially so my aim is to reach £500 realistically but hopefully with a bit of optimism :D we might be able to reach £900 which would make a grand total of £3000 over 3 years.

If you would like to give a donation to the RNLI in memory of Simon Foddering - please visit my website www.justgiving.com/karlwebber3

Thanks

Karl