In Memory of Simon Foddering - Fund raising

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by karlos32, Jun 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Please could you sponsor me for the Great North Run? As little or as much as you like would be very much appreciated. Every little helps as they say!

Please see the below and perhaps pass it around to work colleagues or people who may have known Simon from his Army days. This is a very worthy cause and I'm sure Simon would have approved.
    As you can see £500 will only buy one life jacket for a crew member so I would like to raise £1200 if possible to kit out one member of the Lifeboat crew.

Karl Webber, an employee of HM Revenue & Customs, is taking part in the Great North Run (half Marathon) on 30th September 2007 to raise money for RNLI – Royal National Lifeboat Institution in memory of Simon Foddering (One of the Helicopter pilots who was tragically killed in Morecambe Bay last Christmas). If you would like to sponsor Karl to meet his initial fund raising target of £500 or find out more about Simon you can do at the following website:

The RNLI saves lives at sea. RNLI volunteer crews provide a 24-hour search and rescue service around the coasts of the UK and the Republic of Ireland, rescuing an average of 21 people every day. The RNLI relies on voluntary donations only. Below is a list of the costs of a crew kit:

RNLI Crew kit

Thermal suit

Safety helmet

Donating through this is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to donate: RNLI - Royal National Lifeboat Institution will receive your money electronically and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in Gift Aid will be added to your donation at no cost to you.

Alternatively I have an email address where I will be able to give you any information regarding donations by cheque if you don’t want to donate online.

The email is: -

Many Thanks

Karl Webber
  2. Thanks to those who have sponsored me so far. I am only about £150 short of my target, so please, please help me meet my target in memory of Simon (Ex Army). For more information about my fundraising & Simon please visit where you can give directly to charity (RNLI) online.

Thanks again