In Memory of My Father

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by nottyash, Feb 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is with great sadness and regret that I have to report the death of my father after a relatively short illness.

He was active all of his life and loved anything to do with aircraft.

He was my rock, my best friend and a above all a true gentleman and a top bloke. He followed my military career with interest from the beginning until the end. I now know what true devistation and sadness means.

I will miss his smile and enthusiasm, when he saw me. I was priveleged, and will try and dwell on happy memories.

He was my life and I will be raising a glass to him on Thursday.

I could not of wished for a better dad.

2. condolences notty..Had he had a good innings?

3. My deepest sympathy notty.

May he rest in peace.

4. He was 73, and until he was diagnosed with cancer, he used to do 12 hour walks with me in the Peak District. I was there with him at the end and I an greatful for that, despite the pain it caused. He passed away on Thursday evening and was surrounded by loved ones.

5. Lost my own dad to cancer when he was only 56. Deepest sympathy mate.

6. Dude,

Check your PM's - you had a great dad.

7. I picked my Dad up from hospital today - 12 months ago I was told by a junior doctor he 'probably' had secondry pancriatic cancer, with 6 months at best left. Today he was told he was in remission from NHL T-cell.

I feel truely blessed I have my Dad around for a while longer yet.

When I take him to lunch in the next couple of days, a glass will be raised to you and yours Notty, you have my deepest sympathies

8. Please pass on my best wishes to your Dad and I don't need to tell you to make the best of it.

Picture of my Dad is enclosed.

Notty.

Attached Files:

9. Deepest sympathy fella, Your dad was obviously a top bloke :(

10. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

11. My sincere condolences mate. I know how you feel. Take comfort in the fact that you obviously had a great relationship with him and will always have great memories.

12. Really sorry to hear that Notty. My condolences mate

13. My condolences Notty.

14. Condolences my friend

15. My Condolences to you and your family at this sad time. RIP.