Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam Pinback R.I.P.

As an infrequent contributor but avid reader of the music threads (apart from Rock Chicks where I've stuck a few up!) I was also very appreciative of his input.

@Kirkz - If you were to dedicate a top choon to Pinback what would it be?

RIP

RIP Pinback .... you can now rejoin all the gone auld lads from The Borders and let loose old fashioned rape and pillage with the other restless spirits of the Reivers .

Condolences to the family and friends .

ETA ... Pinback was kind enough to give me many a " Like " and reply to Posts of mine relating to The Borders and Northumberland .

Last edited:

Chef

LE
Sorry to hear that. As has been said 66 is no age these days. My condolences to the family and friends.

Kirkz

LE
As an infrequent contributor but avid reader of the music threads (apart from Rock Chicks where I've stuck a few up!) I was also very appreciative of his input.

@Kirkz - If you were to dedicate a top choon to Pinback what would it be?

RIP
If I remember correctly this was the tune I posted that set him off talking to me about music, and after getting to know him better and stopping over at his, I think the title is very apt.

RIP. His posts put me on to a lot of music I otherwise would have missed, a damn shame he's gone.
66 is a bit too close to home.

Kirkz

LE
As a tribute to Phil and a lasting memory to him in my life I have bought this album.

1605462553874.jpeg

It will forever remind me of him and will no doubt get played every year at this time.

RIP.

He didn't upset Her Royal Highness at any time did he? Face slice time at the Pearly Gates?

Kirkz

LE
RIP.

He didn't upset Her Royal Highness at any time did he? Face slice time at the Pearly Gates?
I don't think Phil ever upset anyone, let alone anyone on this site.

Only just been made aware. Thanks for the post, @Kirkz.
Never met the bloke, but he seemed a sound, even-handed kind of guy.
I‘ll miss his contributions to the music thread.

It reminded me of telling the world on here that Techno_Spastic had gone, so I know where you're at. He was another bloody good bloke, as it happens.

His brother is still a regular poster on here, although if he keeps taking the piss out of my posts I'll attempt to run him over next time I see him.
@Techno_Spastic is a true loss, we had conversations into the early hours, top bloke.

historicus

Clanker
RIP good sir. Between Pinback and @morsk, amongst others, I have been introduced to so much great new music. The What Music are you Listening To thread is one of the best on ARRSE and Pinback was one of the key reasons for that.

It is with great sadness and regret that I inform the site of the passing of Pinback.
A legend in the "What music are you listening to" and the "Tonight I cooked" threads.
He was a personal friend and I was lucky enough to have spent time round at his gaff quaffing beers,sampling some of his amazing breakfasts and
admiring his collection of cocks. (roosters to you lot)
He passed away peacefully in his sleep sometime during the early hours of Thursday morning.
I for one will miss him dearly and I know some of you lot will too.
R.I.P Phil.
You is wiv da Angles now.
No idea what size boots but I did tap his daughter up for the tenner he owed me.
RIP Pinback and condolences to family. Shit when your mates go. And their boots don't fit.

66, far too young.
Condolences to family and friends.

If I remember correctly this was the tune I posted that set him off talking to me about music, and after getting to know him better and stopping over at his, I think the title is very apt.
Can't beat some shit kicking muzak with a fiddle

Latest Threads