Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam Pinback R.I.P.

@Kirkz
Was he getting on a bit?
Despite his passing, it is always good to hear he didn't suffer some long drawn out painful demise.
He always liked my post so he must have been a good egg.
RIP Arrser.

Kirkz

LE
@Kirkz
Was he getting on a bit?
Despite his passing, it is always good to hear he didn't suffer some long drawn out painful demise.
He always liked my post so he must have been a good egg.
RIP Arrser.
He was 66, Mukker.
No age really these days.
Sorry to hear that. RIP.

Just for the record, according to his profile, he was last seen on here today at 10:36.

You can't keep a good man down.
Possibly his daughter checking in.
It was her who called me today and asked me to let folks on here know.

Was it something he ate? Wasn't one of your cold war recipes designed to kill third shock army?

morsk

LE
RIP PB. You will appreciate this one man.

Carbon 6

War Hero
I only knew of Pinback from his posts on the music thread, but I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. We shared a love of music and that was enough for me to consider him a friend.
I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your friend @Kirkz.

Last edited:
Basstard, he never even got to claim his OAP and that's an age I'm fast approaching.

10 L, before anyone asks.
He would have been in receipt for a few months or so, depending on month he was born in. I turned 66 (gulp) in Oct this year and have been receiving State Pension for 2 months now. Males born in 1954 were the first batch to have the Pensions pushed beyond 65 - in my case, the qualifying criteria is 65+11 months.
There is a sliding scale (to the right) from YOB 1955.

Well, shit. He was on the Tonight I cooked thread just on Wednesday.

RIP, I enjoyed his posts.

Bad news indeed, as with most I didn't know him, condolences etc.

Suggestion- don't take any food from his freezer or fridge, just in case..

RIP

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry to hear this.

Condolences @Kirkz and friends.

Latest Threads