In living memory.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Oct 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Apologies if this is'nt the right forum for this. "ln living memory." BBC 1. Sunday 4th November. Docu telling the story of the creation of the new national war memorial & telling some of the moving & heroic stories behind the 16,000 peopke remembered at the new Armed Forces Memorial. (note to self;remember to dust)

2. thanks, will make a note of that need to record it

Duncan

3. 1750 hrs BBC 1

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

thanks, knew i forgot something!

5. BUMP

Starts at 1750 on BBC1 today.

1710 in Scotland.

6. Starting now. BBC 1. 1750 hrs.

7. It's on until 1850 hrs.

8. Watching it right now. Quite moving.

9. I think it's an excellent idea to remember those fallen since WWII.

Just hope my name won't be getting chiselled on it anytime soon! :D

10. Fantastic programme. I missed your note to self Spike......

11. Very moving programme, will have to tune into Panorama Monday night as they announced at the end of the programme that they are interviewing troops in Helmand.

12. Jesus H Christ.

That was truly moving.

A few tears shed especially watching the last post.

I am a proper poof like.

13. Just watched the prog,excellent.About time we had a memorial for the fallen since WW2.A pity it took so long for someone to have the idea and joe public had to pay for some of it.The Gov should have paid for the whole thing.Must admit i had some dust in my eye as the old Ex-marine smartly whipped one up at the memorial.

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Very moving programme indeed. Especially the bit about the lad killed on op banner.

15. Just seen it. Very good programme, hope civpop takes some of that to heart...