In Jazz We Trust....... Nice!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by rampant, Dec 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

2. There was a recent case in Spain reported in El Pais where a 'Jazz' affecianado sued a concert organiser for not having " proper jazz". That prompted several responses from the public as to what defined "proper jazz".

One definition was - ' A Rock musician play 3 chords to several thousand people, while a Jazz musician plays several thousand chords to 3 people!! " Says it all really.
  3. Usagi, Alec and AFKA Bob.

Cheers guys ye've brightened up my Crimbo Eve a treat.

I was just about to play my rat pack usuals (No not the issued ones) but the Sammy Davis Jnr, Frank Spencer and Dean Gaffney trio we all know and love.

Hmmm Betty. Nice...

Aw the best lads. :D

Edited to add; though sammy davis jnr has a great voice I meant Parrot Face Davis.

Bring back Michael Bentine...

Potty Time means more the aulder I get.
  4. I cannot explain what jazz I like, maybe its mainstream stuff, The Girl From Ipanema, I love, virtually anything by Glen Miller (is that technically another genre (american jazz)) I dont know. Probably something of jazz approaching r&b, I love listening to Leon Redbone

Yes it was used on a British Rail advert
  5. Nice one BC.

Glenn Miller timeless... but 40's swing, can we call it that?

Western Swing is good too and has a jazz influence in some cases.

Spoiltb - love the username. It was my Gran's nickname for me; Spoilt Bastart.

I love Jazz.

I love listening to it.

I especially love the Jazz magazines, like Readers Wives etc..

snigger........... :D
  6. Alec, that is bollox....sorry.

A couple of thousand dis-chords, maybe!

Simple and clear, now that 's Jaz
  7. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

8. Classics! I keep slipping to BB and the Blues, but there's magic in there I keep coming back to...

Thanks mate!
  9. Just go onto youtube and search for "bluenote", should be plenty there to hear.

Did have an interest in the Japanes acid-jazz stuff like Pizzacato Five, UFO and Mondo Grosso during the 90s, good musicians although some of the japanese language characters from ripped CDs don't make for easy searching with iTunes/iPods.
  10. Many, many, many thanks for that link, jinxy. That song was used in an advert about 15 years ago, and I have always wondered who it was who sang it.

My offering:

"April in Paris" - Count Basie

Swingin' the Blues - Count Basie