In-game adverts - coming soon

It took them a while, but we're finally here.

EA have been trialling a system using adverts in games. They have signed on with Simulmedia, who create ad-placement in software and after a successful trial in Smite, EA will roll it out to their other games.

Source here: This company is putting video ads in games, and EA has already signed up

This goes along with Phil Spencer's assertation that he will look to put adverts on the Xbox as part of the "experience."

Sadly, this other source states that it will be truly cross-platform, including PC, Xbox and PS5:

I work hard all day, come home, spend some time with the wife and kids and every couple of days, I get an hour or two leisure time. I'm not prepared to have adverts beamed at me when I am trying to have some quality time to myself. It's ******* intrusive and you can't do anything without being bombarded by adverts, for fucks sake, leave me alone.
EA, of course it has to be EA

One of the tricks I've heard for adverts is that if, for instance, if you're playing GTA and drive past a billboard then it will have and advert on it which is a "sponsored" ad.

The other trick is "product placement" where e.g. a coffee machine will be branded with the branding visible.
You mean Pisswasser's a real beer?

You mean Pisswasser's a real beer?
nybq6cq563e31.jpg

One of the tricks I've heard for adverts is that if, for instance, if you're playing GTA and drive past a billboard then it will have and advert on it which is a "sponsored" ad.

The other trick is "product placement" where e.g. a coffee machine will be branded with the branding visible.

It's just mirroring what's been in films for decades

Latest Threads