In Case of Emergency.....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Jul 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is starting to go round on e-mails and I thought it might be useful in here, too. So simple but a great idea:

http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/content/news/newsdetail.asp?newsID=646104183

2. Maybe they should get this campaign into schools, as youngsters are the most prolific users of mobiles?

3. Bloody good idea.

4. Needs the support of an educational campaign, two or three million pounds worth of advertising, a Labour "working" peer as chair, a £45 million standards QUANGO to oversee it and a host of counsellors, equality representatives and outreach workers....but otherwise it seems very sensible....

(From the desk of C.Clarke, acquired by Arrseonian SIA agents)

5. My understanding of this is that Simon Weston started the campaign.

6. Needs the support of an educational campaign, two or three million pounds worth of advertising, a Labour "working" peer as chair, a £45 million standards QUANGO to oversee it and a host of counsellors, equality representatives and outreach workers....but otherwise it seems very sensible....

7. Needs the support of an educational campaign, two or three million pounds worth of advertising, a Labour "working" peer as chair, a £45 million standards QUANGO to oversee it and a host of counsellors, equality representatives and outreach workers....but otherwise it seems very sensible....

8. Easy on the burst fire there Cuddles.

9. Or the Police could simply scroll down your list of numbers (as they do routinely anyway) to where it says 'Mum and Dad', and phone that number on the off chance that it does actually belong to your Mum and Dad.

I would assume that most of the numbers on your mobile belong to someone who actually knows you?

Complete waste of time, designed to make us feel better and more 'secure' over the whole thing. Contrary to popular opinion, the Police aren't stupid, and will check all the numbers on your mobile if you are a victim of an attack like this.

10. I've always have "N.O.K. - Dad" in my phone - I figured that would give the heads-up as to who to call in an emergency!

11. I would not want my mum to be contacted in case of an emergency.

I think this is a really good idea and it is one I've seen posted on a few other boards lately too.

You could have a couple of numbers as well

ICE1
    ICE2 etc.

12. If everyone has ICE before name of person to contact emergency services can get into habit of always looking straight at "I" and don't have to faff about - not everyone has a mum and dad!

13. It's not a knee jerk reaction to the bombing crabspy, it's been on going for a while, and as an adult with neither parent alive my next of kin is guess work from my phone other than for ICE beside their entry.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=19656.html

14. Pops, Next Of Kin / N.O.K. has been a well known phrase for decades! I appreciate that not everyone has a parent to contact or that they'd want their parent(s) contacted, all I said was that as well as having Dad's number in my phone under 'Dad' I have additionally pointed out my N.O.K.

15. Well obviously the professionals who designed the initiative felt NOK wasn't the best option or they'd have suggested it. :) If the idea is nationally taken up all it'll take is a simple change in your phonebook! Good show for being a step ahead of the game Dozy! As previously stated it's not the people who do that they aim to target rather those who don't.

Beebs