Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Appreciation of Giles and other Cartoonists

I always enjoyed searching Mac cartoons for the hidden face (he drew his 3rd wife somewhere in every one).
Mac retired from the Daily Mail in 2018 after almost 50 years at the paper. His wife died of Motor Neurone Disease in 2017.
Today, though, I read that he is back at the Mail on Sunday, with a collection of 12 cartoons for 2020, and will continue with a weekly drawing.
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I got to know him quite well when I was at the Mail and I have a large, unpublished, MAC original that he drew for me at my request.
I was giving a media-relations lecture at RAF Bracknell (Staff College) and based it on ‘perceptions’.
I asked MAC if he would do me a cartoonist’s perception of a) an RAF Officer, and b) a Fleet Street hack.
He was more than happy to help.

Mac retired from the Daily Mail in 2018 after almost 50 years at the paper. His wife died of Motor Neurone Disease in 2017.
Today, though, I read that he is back at the Mail on Sunday, with a collection of 12 cartoons for 2020, and will continue with a weekly drawing.
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I got to know him quite well when I was at the Mail and I have a large, unpublished, MAC original that he drew for me at my request.
I was giving a media-relations lecture at RAF Bracknell (Staff College) and based it on ‘perceptions’.
I asked MAC if he would do me a cartoonist’s perception of a) an RAF Officer, and b) a Fleet Street hack.
He was more than happy to help.
Could see the cartoon of the RAF officer that he drew for you please? purely for informative purposeless only you understand!

I've always loved Grandma, especially when she's nicking the fags.
19840308.jpg

Merry Christmas All.
How many have also received this, a collection of Giles’ best over the years.
I’m going to need a couple of hours solitude and a wee dram or two to accompany.
E5275881-37D3-4F74-8AC7-CA19EA69AE74.jpeg

Latest Threads