In a transport sqn in N.I and trying to get on the AACC.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Tharg_almighty, Nov 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am asking anyone with past experience if it is going to prove as difficult as i reckon to get on the AACC as my unit has no direct link. We are always at a bit of a disadvantage with accessibility to change units etc living in Ulster. It has been an ambition of mine for quite a while and i would hope then to deploy with the Commando loggies. Any advice would be helpfull.
  2. msr

msr LE

Ask your PSI.

3. If you are that keen there is an RMR Det at Palace.
  4. PSI is on the case and im aware of the rmr det at palace but after some careful thought it would be a backwards career move. i have done a few recent tours and believe i have more to offer where i am.
  5. To be honest mate if you want a military career you're better off joining the Regulars. The Reserves are great for doing stuff that you want to do rather than what would be a good career move i.e. going on tour when and as often as you want, or changing cap badges etc.

Never say never mate but in this day and age the only guarantee of getting on AACC is by joining a Cdo unit. Seeing as you're in NI I think that might limit you to the Rubber Daggers.