[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]...a Crescent Moon.[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Its actually the Guards Chapel in London. Open to the General Public, right next to the Guards Museum. Well worth a visit if you are near St. James Park.

Oh, I thought the 'odd' colour with the harp on it might have been from a regt of the Irish Republic, post-independence.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
You are probably right, not being an expert of heraldly. I know the Queens is a Standard, and a colour that awarded to Regts. So its probably Alex's Standard (unless it was granted by the monarch, what would it be then...still a standard I guess?)

Might it be a Garter Banner? Alexander was KG so it stands a chance.

Perhaps the College of Arms should have a website with a record of all the Grants of Arms made. It would make identifying this sort of thing easier and would make spotting "walts" a bit easier particularly those companies with fake "crests" that aren't really crests bu shields or faux arms.

BTW I was once told that the Royal Standard was properly the "Royal Banner" any truth in this?

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
That's interesting about Garter Banners....I'm off googling ;)

(P.S. Just had a look at a page about the Garter...really very interesting...and I am sure you are right in your statement about Alexander. Thanks.)