Imsurgency in Northern and Western Afghanistan

uavgunner

Old-Salt
Good Day fellow Members

Anybody know of any good resources where I can get some information on the development of the insurgency in western and northern afghanisatn?.

I'm personally struggling to get head around how the insurgency even flared up in these parts of the country considering in 04/05 ISAF considerd these regions fairly benign.Is the situation in these regions simply down to a minority Pashtun populace kicking off or is it far broader incorporating previously on side ethnic groups Uzbeks, Tajiks ect ect.

Finally is anybody aware of the what groups are operating in the north and west ie Taliban, Hig ect and what there relationship with each other and the local non Pashtun populace?.

I thank you gentle Arrse folk

uavgunner go here, read the rules and join, do a search and then ask: http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/

You'll get thoughtful and well considered replies without abuse. I'm not a member of the site myself but do read through the threads. They're polite and well mannered so stick with that and you can't go wrong.

uavgunner go here, read the rules and join, do a search and then ask: http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/

You'll get thoughtful and well considered replies without abuse. I'm not a member of the site myself but do read through the threads. They're polite and well mannered so stick with that and you can't go wrong.
You wanted to get rid of him then?

Good Day fellow Members

Anybody know of any good resources where I can get some information on the development of the insurgency in western and northern afghanisatn?.

I'm personally struggling to get head around how the insurgency even flared up in these parts of the country considering in 04/05 ISAF considerd these regions fairly benign.Is the situation in these regions simply down to a minority Pashtun populace kicking off or is it far broader incorporating previously on side ethnic groups Uzbeks, Tajiks ect ect.

Finally is anybody aware of the what groups are operating in the north and west ie Taliban, Hig ect and what there relationship with each other and the local non Pashtun populace?.

I thank you gentle Arrse folk
Pashtun pockets.

In the early twentieth century, the king of Afghanistan relocated a shit load of ghilzai tribes from down south to up north in order to stop tribal in fighting.

The Uzbeks, Tajiks and Turkmen hate them as they got the best land. ( Northern kunduz and the area west of MeS.

You wanted to get rid of him then?
Nope, you're allowed membership of more than one site at a time. ;-) He'll get more thinking and differing views from there. They're more critical than your average brit and threads here generally descend to 'your mum' quicker than you can say arrse.

Your mum.

uavgunner

Old-Salt
Pashtun pockets.

In the early twentieth century, the king of Afghanistan relocated a shit load of ghilzai tribes from down south to up north in order to stop tribal in fighting.

The Uzbeks, Tajiks and Turkmen hate them as they got the best land. ( Northern kunduz and the area west of MeS.
Thanks

Know of anywhere I can find more information on the subject of this "migration" of Pashtuns?.

Cheers

Latest Threads