imput please guys

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by PartTimeSJT, Sep 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm 20 years old, NVQ level 2 qual in HV fitting servicing and repair, currently completing my NVQ level 3 ( A level in HV fitting) im badged LI with the ACF, been over to Newton Aycliffe T.A ( REME ) and liked the look of it,fancy joining as a Recce Mechy. Like working with kids, BUT the politics of the ACF is all bullsh1t, another important factor is i was crushed by a Hydraulic ramp on a low loader trailer roughly 5 month ago and im not yet 100%. Have i got more of a future with the T.A than the ACF? benificial imput appreciated.

2. If your injuries prevent you joining the TA, then stay ACF, but if your going to get 100% fit, and do not want the bullsh1t of the ACF, as you put it, then the answer is simple, TA, get a trade, get posted on operational tours, pay, tax bounty etc.

3. If you join the TA can't you still work with the ACF on camps etc?

You'd certainly have more opportunity to get coursed up in the TA, and to pay a visit to the sandpit.

i was crushed by a Hydraulic ramp on a low loader trailer roughly 5 month ago - ouch!

4. id love to do both mate i would, love worrking with young people.
    my injuries "should" be right by early next year.
    definatley like the sound of getting paid well to do the same sh1t
    and yea it did hurt, same hospital bed for 2 weeks without getting out of it, hate to blow ones own trumpet, but "lucky to be alive"springs to mind.

5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Reccy Mech is THE trade to be! The guys at N Aycliffe are prety top notch, and there is, as mentioned above, plenty of opportunity to get mobilised (if you want, of course).

Get fit, and get yourself signed on - plus of course the money's not bad either :)

6. Thanks :-D will do,

7. H3

H3 LE

Who was at fault re the accident , claim come's to mind if it's not you being the muppet to put it friendly . :)

8. aw dint worry theres a big claim going in like.
    its all a bit complicated theres 4 parties involved
    1.the driver of the tractor unit
    2.the manufacturer of the trailer
    3.my company
    4.A plant stockton
    Lads at work reckon im on for £15-20 grand :-D

9. As mentioned before my accident injuries "should" take till early next year to be 100%, i can not run or jog as will irritate the bone injury, is there any thing else i could be doing?

As a recce mech what lifestyle in the TA do you have, ive read the glossy mag on it, but wondered if there was a different version to it all?

10. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Swim. Cycling may also be worth a try.

11. H3

H3 LE

My advice would be to speak to your GP regard's training and remember if you have a claim pending company's will have you watched in some cases so they can default from paying you out , if you can train then there's nothing wrong with him is what they'll say , why I say this is a mate of mine is in for a claim which has taken 4 yrs, his solicitor has warned him of things like that so also speak to your legal advisor regards training as they might say it could spoil you chances.

If all's ok swim a few times a week , no impact at all just exercise.

12. thanks guys, sounds like swimming it is, if the soloicitor says so