improvised shelters

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by wade_babe, Sep 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i know how to build a basha but i have to deliver an instructional presentation on "improvised shelter" for an outdoor leadership exercise so i'm just wondering if anyone can help?

2. Want to be a bit more specific?

3. Normaly, if it's wet, i like to use Stabtiffy2b's ear as a shelter. Outstanding!

4. Wah?

5. Spare a shekel for a poor ex leper!

[​IMG]

6. >>>click<<<

7. Ooh, nice link.

Is this course actually anything to do with the military? Is there a specific part of 'the outdoors' you'll be in, or is it all of it? What kit do you have available to you? Are you looking for a Ray Mears stylee badger skin and twigs effort, or a how to keep the rain off while waiting at a train station?

8. ok sorry that was'nt that specific i need to know how to build an improvised outdoor shelter with a basha.

9. >>>another clicky<<<

and this one

10. H3

H3 LE

Best get out side and practice it rather than looking at photos and there's no right or wrong way .

11. A way that keeps you dry and protects you from the wind. People will say they like different setups better than others, but it's personal preference really. I like just having it bungeed up at one end to some trees, the other ends pegged into the ground, with the wind hitting it at the lowest point and therefore not making me cold. This is great for sleeping, but not so good if you're wanting to sit up while you get a brew on.

As H3 says, practice and experiment.