improvised shelters

i know how to build a basha but i have to deliver an instructional presentation on "improvised shelter" for an outdoor leadership exercise so i'm just wondering if anyone can help?

Want to be a bit more specific?

wade_babe said:
i know how to build a basha but i have to deliver an instructional presentation on "improvised shelter" for an outdoor leadership exercise so i'm just wondering if anyone can help?
Wah?

Spare a shekel for a poor ex leper!

wade_babe said:
>>>click<<<

Ooh, nice link.

wade_babe said:
.....an outdoor leadership exercise.....
Is this course actually anything to do with the military? Is there a specific part of 'the outdoors' you'll be in, or is it all of it? What kit do you have available to you? Are you looking for a Ray Mears stylee badger skin and twigs effort, or a how to keep the rain off while waiting at a train station?

A way that keeps you dry and protects you from the wind. People will say they like different setups better than others, but it's personal preference really. I like just having it bungeed up at one end to some trees, the other ends pegged into the ground, with the wind hitting it at the lowest point and therefore not making me cold. This is great for sleeping, but not so good if you're wanting to sit up while you get a brew on.

As H3 says, practice and experiment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T The NAAFI Bar 138
Gundulph Sappers 10
Croque_Monsieur The NAAFI Bar 53