Improving marksmanship

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by General_Layabout, Dec 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you think that if pictures of Gordon Brown and others were pasted over fig 11s that shooting accuracy would increase.

And who's picture would you use.

2. Nah. Good for bayonet drill though.

3. This is a ubran based scenario, objective being to miss the car, distance 20 yrds or less

[​IMG]

4. I can't be the only one considering it ...

Attached Files:

5. Your angle is all wrong, surely you could get both in one shot

6. Thats a two-inch tap with a vickers gun job surely, take out the whole labour front bench! Jacky Smith, Darlin' & broons guts being sprayed all over the House by a burst of .303, extra points for using a retro weapon, sweet!

7. but if you get rid of them, who will replace them??? Local primary schools could take turns?

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We tested the handloaded 12 bore slugs at Llansillan against a poster of De Caprio staple on a target frame, some good grouping from 100 yards!
    1 very upset shooters daughter allegedly, she didnt know until she went down to paste up!

9. [​IMG]

Is this the new "harrassing fire" target?

10. Does Sir mean Llansilin? Just over the ridge from that is.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

More than likely shome sithole in sheep country!

12. Odd isn't it, that the indifferent shooting by soldiers at Fig 11,s at the 200 and 300 yard points is suddenly transformed when a sheep wanders onto the range at 500.

13. Well quite, I am on the correct side of the border. I don't mind using their roads to test the grip qualities of the tyres on my gentlemans conveyance however.

14. A figure 11 with a picture of Tim "Cockjockeyshitfaceddonkeyrapingshiteater" Westwood on it and I would never miss the target