Improvements to reserve application process?

PANGEA

Clanker
I was reading threads and posts from early last year, from frustrated applicants who had been waiting for just over a year in some cases and still hadn't gotten to assessment centre. I believe most of the problem was with what some rightfully referred to as 'Crapita', losing applications, medically deferring too many people and not installing recruitment software fast enough. Anyway, have there been any improvements like all these ministers keep saying, or is it still crap?

Just sent my application to join Infantry, putting 4 LANCS as the unit I'd most like to join (the only unit tbh), how long is the application likely to take considering what we've seen?

Cheers

feygan

Clanker
I am currently at pre alpha stage, I am attending training sessions (unpaid) on a Tuesday, and awaiting my CTC to pass through. However I am also knocking on over 18 months to get to this point, around 10 weeks of that is down to my own GP being a feking useless twat who can't keep hold of a form without loosing it. But still it is a ridiculously slow process. I was regs in '96 and recall how I stepped into a street office mid April, waiting on gcse results for my trade and arrived to being basic training September that same year.

The entire Capita lark is a balls up and a demonstration of what happens when you stick a private company in to do the job of what is essentially a national service. Capita is a business and so out to make profit, that is not compatible with something like the army which has bugger all interest in making quarterly bonuses.

PANGEA

Clanker
I am currently at pre alpha stage, I am attending training sessions (unpaid) on a Tuesday, and awaiting my CTC to pass through. However I am also knocking on over 18 months to get to this point, around 10 weeks of that is down to my own GP being a feking useless twat who can't keep hold of a form without loosing it. But still it is a ridiculously slow process. I was regs in '96 and recall how I stepped into a street office mid April, waiting on gcse results for my trade and arrived to being basic training September that same year.

The entire Capita lark is a balls up and a demonstration of what happens when you stick a private company in to do the job of what is essentially a national service. Capita is a business and so out to make profit, that is not compatible with something like the army which has bugger all interest in making quarterly bonuses.

18 Months are you f***in serious?! Haha says 3-5 months on the website. Absolutely agree with you about giving this job to a private company, bloody tories :shakefist:

18 months is nothing........

I initially applied in September 2012, automatically rejected online due to ticking some of the medical questions as a YES, appealed along with a supporting letter from my GP, appeal upheld, Previous service checks completed end of August 2014, second lot of previous service checks carried out again because they didn't read my application forms properly to see I'd done 5 years regular RN service AND 8 years TA afterwards, completed in November 2014, selection in December 2014 (passed A grade, passed medical at Pirbright), ATTESTED on selection on 4th December 2014, letter received a couple of days later saying I was REJECTED after Pirbright had received my RGMD (dated 5th December, day after I was attested) due to chronic lower back pain 5 years ago, appeal lodged (again) with a supporting letter from my GP (again), finally sorted out and given the green light on 13th January 2015.

I think Capita are doing a great job :slow: :slow: :slow:

charleyroo

Clanker
In my platoon on Alpha there are at least half of us who had been in the system over a year and then there were a few who had applied literally a few months before. Mine took over 18 months all in all. I think as time goes on it is getting better, a pal of mine is just about ready to get booked on selection and she applied about a month ago.

I was a slightly special case - I had two medical appeals for psoriasis which took ages. I was on selection in December 2013, deferred cos the doc couldn't see my ear drum (due to my psoriasis) and I also had to lose 4kg. it took 4 nurse appts to syringe my ears lol (soz, TMI) then lost the weight, then broke my ankle in the summer, finally got attested beginning of Oct, got married and honeymooned and finally started Alpha Jan time (this was my fault, could have gone in Dec but I had too much on)

Capita aren't good at anything! I've worked in schools where Capita supply the IT, the broadband and everything else...It seems like a good package until you realise its all crap! they are too big to care but too small to handle the workloads they take on! Crapita seem to be seeping into most government supplied services through so sneaky back handers and whispers in the right ears!

Handsomedan1

Clanker
It's eleven months since I filled out my application and I'm as close to my unit now than I was then.

To be fair though a lot of (most of) the fault is with my Gp being and unhelpful twit.