Important notice if your a fat bounty hunter

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by pft_in_minus_8, Jun 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :( i heard last night from a reliable source that there is talk of ta soldiers receiving bounty next april whether or not they pass matt 2 pft. AGAIN

personally i think this is a disgrace, as a ta pti my job is a lot harder than a regular pti due to time constraints, i am however lucky to have a large selection of people at my unit who are mad keen and willing to get fitter. these people dont concern me, but if we are to face budget cuts then surely this could save the tax payer a few quid by not paying bounty to those who fail to pass all their matt's.

another point i want to address is other matt instuctors assuming they can trade a tick in their box for a tick in mine 'sorry mate fcuk off thanks i can pass my matt's'. i dont think it is too much to ask of them to run a couple of miles a week!

A QUESTION FOR ALL HEAD SHED PERSONNEL: CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG BUT SURLY WE GO THROUGH TRAINING TO BECOME FIT FOR ROLE! THEN IF AND WHEN WE BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION WE SHOULD BE FIT TO FIGHT? LEADING BY EXAMPLE

YET I STILL GET SENIOR RANKS NOT FIT ENOUGH TO DO CFT'S OR PFT'S :?

2. I think everyone should get bounty for attempting all MATTs, however why not pay a reduced bounty for if you fail something e.g fail PFT lose £200 off bounty, fail map reading lose £50 so on and so forth.

Also if units did the tests on a quarterly basis, individuals could see how they were performing. And before someone further up the food chain says time blah blah. Stop messing about on drill nights with off the cuff lessons and do some fitness, its the one thing that fits into a drill night programme.

Rant over ready for incoming!

3. I COULDN'T AGREE MORE (forgot to press caps lock off)

drill nights are often a shambles why not use one a month to do matts, fitness is very much a secondary thing with my unit (something i am trying to and will change) and always seems to be very last minute dot com which means i cant do proper warm ups and cool downs with them as i only get them for 30 mins. not to mention lesson plans and risk assessments other instructors know well in advance they are doing lessons why should that be so different for pt.

i think people forget pt has the ability to be as fatal as weapon handling, remember that soldier who died last year on a cft!

nuff said rant over blame not to be pointed at this call sign

4. I to agree,far to many people are coming into the T.A just for the money.
    Don't get me wrong we all deserve to get paid for our commitment but surely if you didn't perform at work then your boss would either cut your pay or fook you off. Not being able to pass your CFT & PFT and still getting paid makes a mockery of the system and makes us look like a social club stuffed full of fat lazy bastards, where's the professionalism in that?
    Also the Army is about team work, but we see on many occasions, hunters just tipping in when it suits them 100% of the time! not willing to sacrifice and putting up some feeble excuse like there grannys cat has got piss in its eyes or something, total bollocks. Warn them twice then show them the trap door ,theres no" grannys cat " in TEAM!!

5. The percentage of soldiers qualifying for bounty would normally have a direct effect on your CO's annual CR.

Don't expect any changes in the system until either that link is broken or there is a heineous amount of external auditing imposed on the process.

6. If they didn't pay you lot a bounty, you'd all f*ck off. Numbers game mate. Get used to it.

7. sounds like a bitter arab to me probably jealous of the swords of power!

8. Oi STAB, Biscuits has hit the nail on the head.

9. I'd have thought that shedding mongs like that would be a great process of natural selection.

10. u loosers never miss a chance, why are you so bothered by us who are in the ta we have full time jobs to granted they are 9 to 5 and pay is alot better but we are all human, get a life richard cranium!

11. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

12. Bullsh1t. Im a STAB. I'm also fit as a fit thing. The standard demanded of the TA is hardly hard to acheive. If you cannot acheive it you should not be in.

If you are prepared to go breathing out of your arse for a meagre 20 minutes a day pretty much anyone could get up to standard.

Besides, with the name you got - if its true what are you worried about?

And since your lucky enough to have a 0900 - 1700 job you have no excuse. I regularly pull 12+ hours a day, and in my other role work all over the country on a 9 hour day; often commuting back and forth every day - yet I can stay on top of the fizz.

Why you needed to mention being paid a lot better is anyones guess, I'd suggest you wind your neck in and respect our ARAB peers for what they do for what they get, cnut.

13. Swords of power?! N*b head.

And what exactly are you trying to prove with that user name?

14. It's nothing to do with you being TA 8O (though I think, realisticly, Biscuits is right)........

It's 'cos you're PTI :wink: :twisted: :wink:

15. i prefer the term gti and for you to call me staff.......yeah right this forum is full of nobs why are you all arguing with your own kind, next u'll be tellin me gwars smell like public phone boxes!