Impeach Blair? Too bloody right we should.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Contrarian, Oct 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't worry after the US elections on the 7th of Nov, tony's house of cards will begin to fall - he'll have an interesting retirement what with the cash for peerages investigation with lord levy on record saying ' I will not go down for Tony'. With his Iraq legacy going on and on and on, its only a matter of time before he gets broken on the wheel - the new lot will need to aportion blame.
  2. Do it.
  3. Roger that.

Not set up to bring about the downfall of the government, hillarious nevertheless :D

(Especially London Underground vid on the right)
  5. I am willing to bet that there will be no cash for peerages convictions, that Blair will not be impeached or arrested (any more than any other major politician will be prosecuted)
  6. I agree, especialy with TB's PC Poodle sitting at NSY. It seems that Parliment have now asked for an update into the investigation as they fear it is being put on the back burner.
  7. EAGLE1

EAGLE1 On ROPs

AND DO IT NOW 8)
  8. EAGLE1

EAGLE1 On ROPs

I am not sure but has there ever been another case whereby a lying politician who has caused unecessary death by lying to the nation has been brought to a court.
  9. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

Being totally serious for a minute, would any of his actions or indeed all of them considered together, constitute a treasonous act ?

What would constitute a treasonous act in today's "enlightened" moral market place?
  10. A Coup d'Etat
  11. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

Quite. I think that Britain has suffered a coup d'etat by stealth over the last 9 years and is only just coming to realise the fact.

Anyway, I suspect that although technically correct, your answer was made tongue in cheek, so I ask again, what would be considered treasonous?
  12. Henry Porter's articles are well worth a read - he provoked Bliar into a spittle-flecked rant in the Observer a couple of months ago.

Impeaching Bliar may seem far-fetched but it isn't really. I think if Bliar refused to fall on his sword following loss of a vote of confidence or one of the other triggers for resignation, then impeachment could be invoked.

Early Day Motion 1088 may prove uncomfortable, particularly if the US get a drubbing next month and admit that the game is up.

13. Let me guess.

There are 119 or so associating with the early day motion. No - there are 156.

Now there are 664??? MPs in the House. 664 - 156 = 508

I believe the NO's have it :roll:
  14. I hope that he does. With great power comes great responsibility. To abuse this responsibility for a personal agenda, whether that is to placate the American President or for monetary reasons is inexcusable.

I was quite happy to cross the start line on D+0, due to this being "unfinished business" from 1991,however, the reasons to invade were suspect at the very least.

Accountability must work at all levels and I seem to remember "Buffoon" stating that all the equipment was "in theatre" prior to the offensive.

That being the case, then why did I cross into Iraq with 10 rounds of small arms ammunition then!!!!! No plates for the CBA either. Insufficient rations, as during the "concentration" phase in N Kuwait the "MREs" we were supplied with (due to inadequacies of single meal rationing) were stopped by the Americans (No doubt they rationed for themselves and not the British Forces, understandably).

This was a lie from a Senior Minister of the Government. These politicians were voted in, and ultimately are accountable for their actions. In too many cases this accountability has been established through media pressure only.

Should Bliar be "impeached". Damn right he should. There has been so many dirty, underhand dealings with this Iraq liberation, from Goldsmiths "about turn" on legality of war, through to the suicidal pressure brought to bear on Dr Kelly, to the 10 year out of date students thesis on Iraqs alleged WMD, that anything else would be a travesty to the Servicemen who have given thier lives to a false cause.