Impact of deployment on mental health of military partners...

I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this, so please feel free to delete/ignore...

My husband is serving in the air force but the first time he was deployed to Afghanistan I was his girlfriend and just starting my doctorate in clinical psychology.

The "support" (I didn't get anything, other than a booklet outlining how best to look after my children......considering I also don't have children) I got as a girlfriend alongside my need to find a thesis inspired me to look more into the impact of deployment on partners of British Armed Forces personnel. I was pretty shocked to find that this has NEVER been done with British military partners! I actually couldn't believe it considering America seem so far ahead with their research...

I decided then that I would focus my thesis on researching this further to try and highlight and create more insight into what partners go through too. So, I have created an online survey to explore the effects of deployment on the mental health of British Armed Forces partners. I was told about this forum by someone on Facebook in the support group for partners and so I joined.

I am just looking to see whether there might be anyone interested in completing the online survey. I am really trying to do the research justice but I am really struggling to get the numbers for a representative sample. I have been disheartened that "charities" purporting to be there for families, partners, husbands and wives, have turned me away refusing to even put a post on their Facebook for me.

The closing date for this survey is Sunday 25th September at midnight.

As this is approaching I would really appreciate anyone who could complete the survey; thats husbands, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, partners whose other half is serving or ex-serving and has been on deployment in the past 5 years, currently on deployment, or due for deployment in the next 12 months. You don't have to complete it in one go, just use the original link to return to it whenever you like.

If you complete the survey, you can enter a prize draw to win one of four £25 Amazon vouchers too!

I would be ever so grateful if you could do this for me and the research and to also share the blurb and link with others!

By clicking the link below you will be redirected to a page where you can find out more information and take part. It takes approximately 30 minutes, however, you can return to it as many times as you like to complete it.

If you could share this post and the link that would also be great!

Thank you!!!!

The impact of deployment on the mental health of military partners