Impact of challenging military experiences

Researchers at King's Centre for Military Health Research at King's College London are doing a research study looking at how challenging military experiences can impact veteran wellbeing. Taking part involves an online questionnaire (approx 20 minutes) and participation is anonymous and confidential. Our goal is to better understand the different types of challenges personnel face during service and, ultimately, improve the support available to those who have been affected. For more information, please go to: IMAGINE Study

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
£20 for a 60 minute phonecall? Sign me up!

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Mod note: For info this is a legitimate study by a well-regarded academic institute.

You could always fake it. Couple of pencils up the nose, undies on the head and the odd wibble. Might be able to milk another 20 squids out of them.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Folks,

I've engaged with this study - completed the questionnaire and took part in the phone call. The call took around thirty or so minutes.

There's a bit of typing involved in the questionnaire, but it's worth noting they don't cross-link the questionnaire to you, so what I'd take away from it is - keep the questionnaire brief if you don't have the time, but spend the time on the phone call.

It wasn't difficult to do, helpful to talk about what had happened, and at the end of it, I was promptly sent a £20 Amazon voucher via email which I've now spent on 4kgs of chocolate coated raisins, because why the **** not.

If you've experienced anything traumatic or challenging during your military career, from enemy contact to abuse, bullying, or just something that affected you or caused you to rethink things, give them a call.

They're not just looking for people who've had to count the death toll on their fingers or count the loss of their limbs, it's anyone who's had a challenging time in the military.

All this research goes into a wider pool of knowledge and helps to identify possible pathways to mitigate or avoid future issues for Veterans and if we don't talk about what happened, we'll never be in a position to fully support those that need help.

Give it a try. Then find something wanky to spend your £20 on.

:D

tried it,

couldn't finish the questionnaire.

I'm not sleeping tonight now

£20 for a 60 minute phonecall? Sign me up!
Pffft.

Participants who take part in the study interview will also be offered £20.00 as a thank you for their time.

But not be expected to accept the offer and politely decline.

Still worthwhile though.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Pffft.

Participants who take part in the study interview will also be offered £20.00 as a thank you for their time.

But not be expected to accept the offer and politely decline.

Still worthwhile though.
Hahaha, Victoria at the end just asked for my email and said she'd ping the voucher over. Got it ten minutes later. No way am I passing money up!

They needed 200 replies and had 18 when I did it. I offered to phone back with a different voice and dit. Not allowed apparently. Ethically wrong apparently.

Hahaha, Victoria at the end just asked for my email and said she'd ping the voucher over. Got it ten minutes later. No way am I passing money up!

They needed 200 replies and had 18 when I did it. I offered to phone back with a different voice and dit. Not allowed apparently. Ethically wrong apparently.
Cool, good to know they are not being the usual tight academic study.

What kind of dit's are they after?

..................one day when I was shot at
..................I feel low now that I've left all the camaraderie behind
..................my life has been a failure since I left
..................I nearly ran amok with a pork sausage in the town centre one night when I was pissed and had Iraq flashbacks