IMO seems dead. Anyone know why?

Discussion in 'Ireland (ie. Irish Defence Force)' started by flamingo, Dec 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Irish version of ARRSE, Irish Military Online is coming up as:

Any other IMO'ers out there able to cast any light on it?

2. It was down for a while last month and Admin. mentioned that he was funding it himself-apparently it needs about 1000 Euro and the voluntary subscriptions came to less than 400 Euro.

A pity if it disappears- perhaps just another casualty-collateral damage or friendly fire?-of the Irish economic situation.
  3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Hmm, anyone got any contact details for him? We might be interested in 'resurrecting' it.....
  4. BadCO out of interest how is ARSSE funded? Is it just donations?
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No they also follow troops back from the pub and mug them leaving their clothes strewn across the block, a half eaten kebab on the pillow and just some loose change, its the Arrsse version of the milk tray man!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Unfortunately not.

Just seen on that everyone else is getting the same message. It's not just me then!
  7. I stumbled across this thread on another forum, thought it might be of interest: Irish Army Online ? -
  8. Bad CO

A mixture of things but mainly donations, advertising & affiliate schemes ....... and we mug guys coming out of the pub!

I've just sent the guy who runs an email so will see if he gets back to us. Definitely think we can work something out with them though .....
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If you get an answer from G Adams or M McGuinness be very, very careful. It is well known that G Adams is looking to re-locate from NI.

They are also thought to be closely connected with British Secret Service.
  10. Shame about IMO
    Ive had to come over and slum it with you lot !
  11. Yeah mate, me too.

IMO man down at the moment.
  12. Your more than welcome Frank and leinsterman.

Now break out the potatoe wine. :)
  13. It would be good if you can, it's a good mix, and a sensible level of posts. (I believe it has contributed more than one new recruit to the British Army as well!)
  14. Me too! Although technically I should have been here already :)
  15. Bad CO

Well welcome to you all! I've still not had a response to my email to the site admin so if anyone knows him pse ask him to drop us a line....