Immigration officers/UK border agency

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by pwrmn, Nov 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there anyone out there that now works for this agency ,i am considering this a career but the website does not give a great deal of info so i would appreciate any first hand advice or tips and do's and dont's.

Many thanks

2. Might be able to help you out a bit with this...just heading out but will drop you a PM later on.

charlie-five

3. Just to make you aware that there is currently no recuriting for UKBA as they are desperately trying to save money big time. There is even talk of potential job losses in my area - more so for the sick, lame & generally lazy. Defo not a lot onthe Immigration side of the UKBA but the customs side may have a bit more. Morale isn't too hot either at the moment.

4. PM me if you want any info, but I can only reiterate what mac5543 has said.

As an aside - Mac, you don't happen to be European Ops by any chance do you? We may know each other?

Charlie-5.....long time no hear. How you doing? Your morale any better than ours? Was with one of 'the dark side' the other night (down South). They said morale was on par with ours. Possibly slightly higher. But still very very low.

Remember folks....dont be 'Change Resistant'.

The UK Border Farce. Like a miserable job, but worse.

5. Slayer,

Spot on where I am and my name should give the game away. Hopefuly I only have 2 more months left here as I have a provisional start date with a Private Security Company of 15 Jan 2010 but I'm waiting until I get my plane tickets first before I drop smoke & do one. At least it's something to look forward to :)

6. In the grand scheme of things morale is OK here...maybe that's just cos we're simple folk ooop north! We're short staffed, under pressure to hit targets etc etc but that's no different to anyone else in the Border Circus I guess. But, I'm outta here tomorrow, heading off for pastures new. By the time I get back in 3 years time all should be sorted and UKBA will be running like a well-oiled machine........................won't it?! ;-)

7. Been with UKBA 8 years now, work on the slighty dark side of life morale on our team is OK perhaps as stated by charlie_five maybe it's cos were simple folk up north.

8. Been with UKBA 8 years now, work on the slighty dark side of life morale on our team is OK perhaps as stated by charlie_five maybe it's cos were simple folk up north.

9. Been with UKBA 8 years now, work on the slighty dark side of life morale on our team is OK perhaps as stated by charlie_five maybe it's cos were simple folk up north.

10. Maybe one of you UKBA types can explain what the hell was happening this morning in Stratford. Going to get the tube and I got stopped by two chaps with UKBA warrant cards to check if I was British. I said yes, he asked if I had any ID, MOD90 was waved at him and I was allowed on my way.

I assume it wasn't just me as there were quite a lot of UKBA fleeces about.

11. our warrants have been replaced with shiny new ones to reflect the 'agency' status. perhaps they were just excited and wanted to use them? all joking aside it wouldn't be the first time. :roll:

count yourself lucky ukba is not an armed service. :wink:

12. Ooooh I've got one of those shiny new things.....I do try not to get it muddled up with my Boots Advantage card! We were, however, quite disappointed that it didn't come with a velcro bit on the back......every other f**king thing we get issued with seems to!

13. Do you have any information on customs jobs, in particular search?

14. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Christ, I didn't know there were 'others' on Arrse.

Hmmm, OP - It's 'natural wastage', not recruitment, and its across the board. And don't even mention 'annualised hours' or team based working.

One more thing, the Sky One program is propaganda. 'Stage managed' and 'made over' spring to mind. It doesn't really go down like that in real life.

As to the above....'European Ops'? haha, are they still working? I thought there was a big huff going on over the mercenary rates? PCS are crying a bit right? Last I heard there was no shortage of people wishing to jump into the gaps if tools are downed...

15. Right then I can come out of the closet too! I think the agency has OD'd on Velcro. Have you seen the 60 odd jobs up for grabs?