Immigrants caught at British Army barracks

Apologies if already posted. All I can say is, conditions must be exceptionally unpleasant in these would-be immigrants' home countries if they have smuggled themselves to South Cerney.

ITN - Thursday, July 17 10:41 am

Five illegal immigrants have been caught at an Army barracks after they hid on board trucks in a military convoy.

The men were spotted jumping from two lorries inside the Duke of Gloucester Barracks in South Cerney in Gloucestershire on Tuesday evening.

Police said it was thought the men had stowed themselves on board the lorries, which were being driven by private contractors, at the French port of Calais.

The convoy was shipping military Land Rovers back from Kosovo.

Army Captain Giles Cutter said: "They all seemed very jovial and quite happy. They did not seem concerned they had jumped into an army barracks,

"Fortunately there was a squadron on duty and a few burly Fijian soldiers wrestled the first two to the ground."

Police said the men, two from India, two from Afghanistan and an Iranian, aged between 15 and 26, were taken to a local police station before being handed over to immigration officials and taken to a detention centre.

Bet that gave the Guard commander a a wake up!

If Afghanis and Iranians can get themselves into a barracks like this they can booby trap the vehicles en-route.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
South Cerney!! When they climbed out of the vehicles they probably thought they were back in homelands.

Still, it is handy for those last minute language brush-ups.

Could have kept them for a few weeks and used them on pre op training on copehill down as natives

Which unit mans South Cerney? Or is it just anyone in the JAMC?

jimmys_best_mate said:
obesa_cantavit said:
The were hoping to get processed through the JAMC and get a flight back home...
Why should immigrants get a better service than British Forces do? :p
They always do.

HTH

It's just like Singapore all over again! The guards face inwards as they are purely there to stop anyone trying to escape from the camp, ala Colditz. :( :( :(

postman_twit said:
It's just like Singapore all over again! The guards face inwards as they are purely there to stop anyone trying to escape from the camp, ala Colditz. :( :( :(
Colditz was in Singapore?

western said:
postman_twit said:
Colditz was in Singapore?
You mean it wasn't??????????? Doh!!

A MOD plod catches an illegal Pakistani immigrant in the bushes at South Cerney, he pulls him out and says "Sorry, you know the law, you've got to go back to france or to the last EU country you came from.

The man from Pakistan pleads with him, "No, noooo Sir, I must stay in de UK! Pleeeze, thank you very much!" The MOD plod thinks to himself, I'm going to make it hard for him and says "Ok, I'll let you stay if you can use 3 English words in a sentence" The Pakistan man, who we'll now call Stan, of cause agrees.

The MOD plod tells him, "The 3 words are: Green, Pink and Yellow. Now use them in 1 sentence."

Stan thinks really hard for about 2 minutes, then says, "Hmmm, Ok. The phone, it went Green, Green, Green, I Pink it up and say Yellow?"

destroyer said:
A MOD plod catches an illegal Pakistani immigrant in the bushes at South Cerney, he pulls him out and says "Sorry, you know the law, you've got to go back to france or to the last EU country you came from.

The man from Pakistan pleads with him, "No, noooo Sir, I must stay in de UK! Pleeeze, thank you very much!" The MOD plod thinks to himself, I'm going to make it hard for him and says "Ok, I'll let you stay if you can use 3 English words in a sentence" The Pakistan man, who we'll now call Stan, of cause agrees.

The MOD plod tells him, "The 3 words are: Green, Pink and Yellow. Now use them in 1 sentence."

Stan thinks really hard for about 2 minutes, then says, "Hmmm, Ok. The phone, it went Green, Green, Green, I Pink it up and say Yellow?"
How long have you been waiting for an opportunity to slip that one in?