imjoinin soon woooooooooo

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by barnz, Aug 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im joining the paras soon an i was just wondering what specifications youve gotta achieve in your selection
    like how fast youve got to run your mile an a half?
    how many press ups and sit ups?
    things like that
    i would be greatfull if you could help me
    :D :D :D :D

The language of the British Army is often profane but always based upon English. Please drop the chavspeak. MiB
  2. I'm sure the answer to this is already on the forum :wink:
  3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

You also need to bring your own parachute because of cutbacks - they can't be re-used, so you need your own in case you fail. You get issued your genuine maroon one when you get to your Battalion.
  4. pardon :?: :?: :?:
  5. you will be told everything by your AFCO in due time but am sure i heard the run time for the para's at selection is 9.15
  6. 9:18 run time, (105?) KG in the static lift on the PSSR tests.

I think that's the only differences in the requirements, but have a look round the forum, use the search tool, it's all on here somewhere

7. Just get running and building up your fitness NOW. No good getting there and finding out you cant even walk a mile and a half never mind run it :cry:

8. Shouldn't you of looked into tgis before deciding on the paras?
  9. i hav looked but i cnt find it anywhere
    iv just bin doin my best at evrything
    buildin up everything aswell
    i ran my mile an half in 7:18 the other day an i can do bout 70-80 press ups in 2 mins
    is that gud enough
  10. Parachute ?!? You nede to bring your own aireyplane.
  11. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok i fixed you drivel. If your not lying about the amount/time you can probably do it.